• 2.1k views
  5. stock photos?

• 15 replies
    • 2.5k views
    • 8 replies
    • 2.4k views

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• A bit late to the party, and enjoying everyone's fine submissions. Here are a few fresh out of the darkroom: Braun Gloria tube camera with Bayreuth 75/2.9 lens. I believe @rick_drawbridge and @John Seaman have discussed about this lens. Wide open, it renders rather nicely. Film was Kodak T-Max 100, developed in Adox FX-39 II. Please wait, we will be right back A bird cage in sunlight Two bright chairs Shining leaves Plants on the window sill  
    • Lioness nursing her cubs in the shade in the Serengeti
    • I'm endorsing Voigtlander's new 28mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar lens for Leica M-mount. It's sharp at all apertures and amazingly small and light. It feels well built and operates smoothly; it approaches Leica quality. It also does something I thought impossible: it blocks almost none of the 28mm frame, even when using the (included) lens hood. Some reviewers have criticized the vignetting, which is probably a consequence of the barrel's small size (39mm filter ring). However, I've found that vignetting practically disappears if I set the manual lens menu to "21mm f/2.8 11134". (This lens lacks six-bit coding.) For evidence, see my photos below, which I took recently at the Paris Pantheon. My photo of Jean-Jacques Rousseau's basement tomb was taken wide open at f/2.8. For the outdoor photo, I stopped down to an unrecorded aperture, probably around f/5.6 on a gloomy day. Both uncropped photos are straight from the camera JPEGs, downsized for posting here. Note, however, that 28mm framelines are almost impossible to see while wearing eyeglasses, no matter which lens is mounted on the camera. I usually wear contact lenses when photographing.