Product photography pricing?

<p>Then you probably have an idea of how long it will take and what post processing will be required. From there it's just a matter of deciding whether that photo will have residual value to you, and whether to grant a narrow, non-exclusive license or an exclusive license with broad rights (more $$). Then you get to find out what the client thinks it's worth ;-(</p>

<p>I would base my pricing on my 1/2-day studio rate for the creative fee and a suitable license fee.<br>

Stock Photo Price Calculator (http://www.photographersindex.com/price-calc.dbm) offers the range of $700-$2000 for a package front with distribution <10,000 pieces.</p>

<p><Chas><br /><br /></p>

• 4 months later...

<p>This response is kind of why people disrespect photographers. You are talking about exclusivity on licenses for product photos, wtf. No business owner will agree to this. You can hire great photographers for this project scope for $200 a day all day long and retain all rights.<br>

The OP mentioned styling, so I am going to go with a normal day rate if they want you to do it. It's not like your time should be worth less if they want you to do something requiring less skill.</p>

• 9 years later...

There is no one answer to pricing for product photography. Different photographers will have different rates based on their experience, skill, and location. However, some general tips to keep in mind when pricing your product photography services include:

-Charge by the hour or by the number of photos taken.

-Consider the time it will take to complete the project, as well as any additional preparatory work (e.g. scouting locations, gathering props, preparing models).

-Be sure to include any necessary copyright clearances in your pricing.

-Be prepared to provide references if requested.