What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

I've finally gotten my own kit to home develop, so now some cameras I've been waiting to use can finally be used! This Rollei 35 I got for a bargain works beautifully with a little dent that adds "character" lol. Haven't developed the film yet, it was just shot around my house to test both the camera and my developing skills. Still needs a wrist strap possibly a lens cap to protect it in my pocket.

20200127_072832.thumb.jpg.01a1e3ad7793bbec75363d9fd5099bef.jpg

• Like 5

Hello Katie

I would suggest a case for the Rollei instead of the lens cap, I have a Rollei lens cap and it is press on and does not work that well.

The case is much better and with the strap coming thru the hole in the side you just unzip and leave it attached and take the shot and zip back up..

The case and the strap may be more than what you want to spend but if you are going to use it a lot it is worth it.

ROLLEI CASE FOR ROLLEI 35, SOFT/213181 | eBay

IMG_0720.thumb.jpg.f61ee1c460630c64ffcc9d84624982d1.jpg

• Like 5

Hello Katie

I would suggest a case for the Rollei instead of the lens cap, I have a Rollei lens cap and it is press on and does not work that well.

The case is much better and with the strap coming thru the hole in the side you just unzip and leave it attached and take the shot and zip back up..

The case and the strap may be more than what you want to spend but if you are going to use it a lot it is worth it.

ROLLEI CASE FOR ROLLEI 35, SOFT/213181 | eBay

[ATTACH=full]1327353[/ATTACH]

That's good to know! That price for that case is very reasonable, a small price to pay to keep the camera protected. I have a feeling that I'll be using this a lot come summertime, when I want to get snapshots of little adventures. It'll be much better than the disposables I have used before!

• Like 1

I have a couple of new classic manual cameras I am thinking of using this week. I have a Minolta X-700 that came with a 50mm f1.7 and a Nikon FE that I bought as a body only. I currently have a 50mm f1.8 series E lens on it. I'm going to have them checked out by a camera repair guy in town. He checks the shutter and metering. If they are close to accurate, I will load them with either T-max 100 or Ilford HP5.. I have not been using my film cameras nearly as much as I want to.
  • Like 2

I'm partway through a roll of HP5 in the Canon F-1 and I'm trying out the Vivitar Series 1 35-85 f2.8 for the first time. Reviews of the lens seem to be mixed, but it makes for a very precise pairing to work with, if a bit hefty (which I actually like). I've enjoyed the time spent with the combination so far and as to results, I guess we'll see when it gets developed.

49156362412_3abe615435_k.jpgDSC_6779 by fiddlefye, on Flickr

• Like 5

I have a couple of these classic Yashica TL Electro X cameras and I'm about to sell this one to free up capital in the camera department, so I'll put it through it's paces this weekend to assure myself that there are no issues.

[ATTACH=full]1327742[/ATTACH]

Rick--this brings back memories since my second "serious" camera was a TL Electro X with the Yashinon f/1.4 50 mm. I replaced it with a Pentax MX when I got tired of interchanging screw mount lenses and stop down metering, but I used it a lot and got good results from it.

• Like 1

I enjoyed my walkabout with the Yashica TL Electro-X last weekend, so this weekend I'll take out another favourite oldie, the Pentacon Praktica PLC 3. It was one of the first Prakticas to offer open aperture metering, as opposed to the stopped-down metering use by generations of previous Prakticas, and used a range of M42 Pentacon Electric lenses. The meter switches on at a first pressure on the shutter release and uses a centre-the-needle display in the viewfinder. I guess it was pretty much a competitor for the Pentax Spotmatic SPF.

1300295593_PrakticaPCL3.jpg.ec65c9efe7af5d50761e8a13add9dfd2.jpg

• Like 5

Going on a 19km hike in the Ardennes tomorrow. Doing the "In the Footsteps of the 82nd Airborne" Memorial Walk again.

This year they're doing the route around La Gleize again. following paths that the men of the 504th Airborne regiment took during the Battle of the Bulge.

Will be carrying this.....The camera, not the tea mug......

leica35mm.jpg.326bfe11d55951ab5031f5ce338c7a35.jpg

• Like 5

I've been looking for a tidy Minolta XD-7 (XD-11) for some time, and last week I had the good fortune to come across not just one but two, in an estate sale, at a price I could afford. Both are cosmetically pretty well pristine, in itself a little unusual, as many I've looked at are a little tired, with shrinkage of the leatherette. The silver one has a strange shutter ailment I mentioned in a previous thread, but the black camera is about as functional and original as one could wish. A quick test film gave me some hint of just why these cameras seem to be so universally acclaimed, and I'm about to take one out for some serious photography.

1429167397_MinoltaXD-7scopy.jpg.51fdb37c92210a36e1c086aef077ad0a.jpg

• Like 5