What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Taking the SRT 101 out again, this time with FP4+. I will use the 100mm f 3.5 MC Rokkor macro, Celtic 28mm f 3.5, and MC Rokkor 55mm f 1.7. Also will take a hybrid classic out as well: Classic Pentax 50mm f 2 (SMC A) on modern ZX-5. The AF no longer works on the ZX-5 so I just use it with my manual focus Pentax lenses, especially the "A" series.

1033378257_SRTpair.jpg.0890dcd2d098c09162c9dd5a3dacab71.jpg

The one on the right. Front view of 100mm macro doesn't do justice to its sheer size It's MD not MC as stated in text.

IMG_1745.JPG.152b9f27b62f6dc866fb0120051d0030.JPG

a "hybrid" classic- The AF indicator still works, just no AF with AF lenses, The little 50mm f 2 is a capable lens.

• Like 3

I haven't managed to get the roll of Ilford Delta 100 I shot in the Canon IVs developed yet, but it has been replaced by a roll of my beloved old standard, HP5. Concentrating on the Serenar 50 f1.8, Jupiter 8 50 f2 (for comparison purposes) and Elmar 90 f4. I can't begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying shooting with the little Canon, it really is a joy.
  • Like 1

IMG_4364.thumb.jpeg.10bcec0c9554c2f876cbb13892aed644.jpeg

After waiting a couple of weeks for the bellows to arrive and then taking a couple of more weeks before I got around to installing it, I finally have a working GS645 as of yesterday afternoon. No color 120 film in my fridge so I loaded some Delta 400 for the first roll, -which I will finish quickly. I have some Ektar on the way because the Fall colors won't last forever.

Some tense moments during the bellows installation as I somehow managed to bend a secondary strut, but I carefully straightened it and all appears to be well.

• Like 5

This coming weekend I'll exercise the little Kodak Signet 35, a sort of baby relative of the Medalist I'll try to get around to using next week. The Signet seems to have a "love it or loathe it" following, but I'm firmly among the lovers. Constructed from solid aluminum, it has quirky oversize controls that suit my large fingers well, given that it's otherwise a very small camera. Rumour hath it that it was originally a design for the military, the big levers enabling the camera to be used in gloved hands. A nice bright rangefinder and an excellent Ektar lens...What more could I want?

1445794466_KodakSignet35.thumb.jpg.eba764d4c3792b2ed55e1671919908a9.jpg

• Like 5

This coming weekend I'll exercise the little Kodak Signet 35, a sort of baby relative of the Medalist I'll try to get around to using next week. The Signet seems to have a "love it or loathe it" following, but I'm firmly among the lovers. Constructed from solid aluminum, it has quirky oversize controls that suit my large fingers well, given that it's otherwise a very small camera. Rumour hath it that it was originally a design for the military, the big levers enabling the camera to be used in gloved hands. A nice bright rangefinder and an excellent Ektar lens...What more could I want?

[ATTACH=full]1314296[/ATTACH]

Pretty clean example you have there Rick! Mine isn't quite as nice looking, but it's such a nice camera to use.

• Like 1

Rick that Signet looks every bit as nice as the one in a Kodak ad from one of the old Popular Photography magazines I inherited from my father. If you replaced the Tri-X cassette with an early Kodachrome cassette or a Super XX one, this photo could pass for a vintage photo ad. In the day, Kodak recommended to Signet users (and other 35mm users) that the most economical way to get duplicate slides was to take several exposures of the same subject. Good advice since duplicating technology wasn't inexpensive if one wanted top quality.
  • Like 1

That Signet looks great, and good luck all of you in the North side of the globe hunting for fall colors.

I got a classic from Japan, an early Minolta Six, for a good price. After CLA, will start a test roll this weekend. An interesting camera, with folding mechanism made of bakelite sections. Let us see.

Minolta%20Six_zpsjlusrpa0.jpg

• Like 5

Big, clunky, quirky and not really at all user-friendly, the Medalist's saving grace is it's brilliant 100mm f/3.5 Ektar lens. Even loading film into the brute is a challenge to the uninitiated, but when I see the fruits of my labours I'm prepared to forgive and forget. A love/hate relationship, at it's best.

Kodak Medalist

1448137145_KodakMedalist.thumb.jpg.eecb6dde84f3e0c2de4929f97bc0497d.jpg

• Like 5

I've recently aquired this Exa...which has a small problöem.. I'm quite sure I will be able to shoot a roll with nominal problems. This picture of the camera is from the ebay listing....The problem occurs when advancng the film... Just at the end of the cycle where the mirror should seat itself, it files up and trips the shutter. Exercising will make it consistently stay down but not 100%... hope fully enough for the roll. The price was good. I was afraid I might not find this same model...at such a good price, so I decided to live with it rather than return it.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.20d494ef04e2e044c5327617d3c57134.jpg

1065630981_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.4ba95a5feb04fd975c2e3cd64f0dfde6.jpg

• Like 5

Not so much using as rebuilding;

KodakAutoGraphic.thumb.jpg.7de146e41408f3518319bc675a9f4414.jpg

Kodak Auto Graphic Junior 2x3.

Already fixed an incorrectly installed release button return spring and the shutter runs well.

Flipped the lens holder board back to its original position.

Need to find/build a lens cover

Bellows need sealing (or actual replacing).

Hood needs replacing.

The DIY roll film holder requires a 6x4.5 mask to actually work.

• Like 5

Since arriving back in Hawaii on Tuesday, several days have been spent54031744_2k18-DSCF3047ces13zxrr-horz-horz.jpg.5a66bc11b6031e40075a52350737d691.jpg unpacking the various FSU 35's, the folders and introducing them to a Yashica Mat 124G brought with me. The 2 Zorki's will be at the Farmers Market on Sunday, the 124 will venture into Honolulu either Monday or Tuesday. Aloha, Bill
  • Like 5

When I finish the film in my Pentax ZX-5 I plan to run a roll of FP4+ through my Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 with 45mm f 2.8 Carl Zeiss Tessar.

IMG_1593.JPG.274e5025c129db8ca0db0d80b5d0b1ff.JPG

This camera was made during the modern film camera era, but has a mechanical shutter with battery only needed for metering, I like to think of it as a modern camera in the classic tradition., In addition to the 45mm lens I might also use my 24mm f 2.8 Vivitar and 100mm f 3.6 Phoenix macro.

• Like 5

a bit of bad news - camera wise: a couple of weeks ago my Nikon fg shutter locked up. And where did it die on me? appropriately enough at a Cemetery I was shooting at. Then some days later my Nikon one touch winder decided to die too. Both these cameras I used for many many years so I was a little heart-broken. Anyway, I have a back-up FG which I brought with me so will be using it this week and Gold 200.1361958924_DSCN2473-Copy.jpg.16ae010fdfa98f77631022119b5858c1.jpg
  • Like 4