What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Very true about some of those spot meters, James. I think some of the Soligor meters of the mid to late 1980's had that resemblance. Another accessory would be unwise to use today is those rifle stock mounts for long telephoto lenses., I think, IIRC, that Kilfit made such a stock. I believe you had a focusing section and attached various front pieces to make the desired focal length.
  • Like 1

Last weekend we went to a nearby tourist area, and I brought four cameras,

though not all out at the same time.

First, I had an FE2 with Ektacrhrome to use up. On the 36 shot, the mirror didn't

come back down, and I believe that the shutter never opened. It seemed time to

rewind, but now it looks like just a low battery. As with the FM and FM2, if it works,

then the battery is fine, but there is no warning. It seems to work find on M250.

Second was an Instax 300 which I recently got from a Goodwill auction, which had

some film, and I brought along more, also from a Goodwill auction. That one seems

to work fine. The second film pack is 8 years past date, but seems fine.

Third is a D200, just in case I want some digital shots. Well, I suppose technically

I had five cameras, as I also have a cell phone camera, which I used a few times.

And finally an Agfa B2 Speedex, which uses 120 film, and has a full range of shutter

speeds and aperture settings. Along with a roll of FP4 from about 1987.

• Like 1

-- glen

I used my Nikon F6 last weekend at my granddaughter's ballet performance because I needed the built in spot meter for the stage lighting. I was afraid of holding up a separate spot meter because someone might mistake it for a gun.[ATTACH=full]1332461[/ATTACH]

sad but very true to the times we live in now.

I still marvel that this N-61 L/D lens is 99% of any of my Jupiter-8's on THIS Fed-2. . .lucky for sure that the "rebuild" was spot on. 120 format with the Agfa Isolette 2. Aloha, Bill

[ATTACH=full]1333115[/ATTACH]

The blue bellows on the agfa, is there someone who makes these.i have a 120 isoletteV with a couple of pin holes in the bellows.was going to try and seal them but the i saw yours.quite nice looking.

gary

For the Kodak bellows cameras, you can get NOS bellows.

There is a table of the part number, and someone selling them.

I got one for a Vest Pocket Kodak, but haven't installed it yet.

I know some old cameras with, I believe, original red bellows.

I don't know if the blue is new or old.

There are also instructions on how to make them.

For small pinholes, liquid electrical tape is supposed to work well.

I tried that on my Vest Pocket Kodak, but there were so many holes, that

it made everything thicker, and it won't close anymore. And I think there

is still one hole.

The colorful ones do look nice, though.

-- glen

is still one hole.

is still one hole.

actually i was going to try liquid electrical tape first.maybe i will and see what happens.it is a very clean camera and being a 120 folder i wanted to try hr out.i'll keep in touch.

thanks - gary

• Like 1

Hello everyone. My folder cameras have either been purchased or cla'd by Jurgen who lives in Saylorsburg, Penn. He has put the snazzy blue bellows on the camera, but has a few other colors for the bellows replacement work. He sells primarily thru Ebay as certo6. Presently he has an auction for a Voigtlander Bessa RF camera, so you might contact him thru his Ebay email addressing. I have tried the various pin hole "fixes" and most work for a period of time. Since my folders are working cameras, I will not accept the "fails" of these fixes and do the complete cla & bellows replacement. Aloha, BillDSCF6624-horz-vert.jpg.e0d0bc29e39f2000a00dcd91eab78f6b.jpg
  • Like 5

Hello everyone. My folder cameras have either been purchased or cla'd by Jurgen who lives in Saylorsburg, Penn. He has put the snazzy blue bellows on the camera, but has a few other colors for the bellows replacement work. He sells primarily thru Ebay as certo6. Presently he has an auction for a Voigtlander Bessa RF camera, so you might contact him thru his Ebay email addressing. I have tried the various pin hole "fixes" and most work for a period of time. Since my folders are working cameras, I will not accept the "fails" of these fixes and do the complete cla & bellows replacement. Aloha, Bill[ATTACH=full]1333271[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the info certo6.i will be contacting him for further info.

Beautiful cameras you have

Thanks again

Another nice old M42 camera this weekend, the Fujica ST605N, a lightweight and well-designed camera that reminds me of the Minoltas of the era. It has stop-down metering with the aperture button in exactly the right position for the index finger, in the same fashion as my Prakticas, and this copy has the interesting 55mm Fujinon f/2.2 lens. With four elements in four groups it's a very unusual design, as sharp as most Fujinons and renowned for rendering an amazing bubbly bokeh.

744615985_FujicaST605Ncopy.jpg.c17f9751c5418b54ad289cc78838c4dd.jpg

• Like 5

I'm polishing up my collection of Fujica 35 rangefinder cameras. The Fujica 35 rangefinder models must be some of the most underrated cameras ever built, with impeccable build quality and some of the best glass around, and these 35-EE examples (circa 1961), with their auto exposure capability powered by selenium cells, are still working very well. When the rain stops I'll see what I can do within the confines of my lockdown.

536153630_Fujica35-EEs.jpg.eae7486f986cc8ca353457b9ce420211.jpg

• Like 5