What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

inspired by those post in this forum using Kodak Color Plus 200 I went down to the local film store here in Buenos aires and brought a couple. Never used this film before and also anxious to see how it compares with Gold 200.

Richard, ColorPlus 200 seems to be Kodacolor 200 (that's what it says on the cartridge), rebranded for the international market. My recent Agat 18k photos were actually taken with Kodak Gold 200, which I noted incorrectly. If there is any difference between the two, I can't tell.

eBay and Amazon also sell ColorPlus at a good price.

Edited by m42dave

thanks Dave for the info. Needed to buy some 35mm color film anyway as I forgot to bring more with me; will see how Colorplus 200 goes. There's plenty of film here in Buenos Aires Btw, and though the prices are about double than in the US, the flip side is that there processing is ALOT less; so I guess it all balances out in the end...

The resurrection of JDMvW's thread featuring the fabulous Pentacon Super reminded me that I've yet to test a Pentacon Pentona II, two of which I seem to have accumulated in the past few months.The Pentonas are right at the other end of the scale from the Pentacon Super, and I suspect they're the simplest and most basic camera to carry the Pentacon name. I've used the Pentona , but not the Pentona II, and while they have the same quite good 45mm Trioplan f/3.5 lens I'm interested to compare the performance of the two cameras.

381169308_PentaconPentonas.thumb.jpg.db38109533ef73d63d61ff80c8fd41d8.jpg

• Like 3

I've put a short test film through this interesting little Ricoh rangefinder, and I'll use it again this weekend. It's a Ricoh Mate, circa 1960, with an unusual shrouded lens configuration with cut-out windows for aperture and shutter speed settings. One reviewer has suggested it was an attempt on the part of the manufacturers to depart from the Europeon designs Japan was rather slavishly copying, but apparently it wasn't a great sales success. As with most of these early Ricohs it has a very good lens, a 45mm Riken Optical f/2.8. The photograph shows it with a Petri accessory exposure meter attached.

1074635023_RicohMate.thumb.jpg.f728640d758804caca7d8c02f5bd3064.jpg

• Like 3

Not this weekend exactly but Christmas Eve, - planning on going skiing.

Since the Fujica folder I have doesn't fit in my ski jacket pocket very well, I picked up one of those security holsters meant for carrying passports, wallets, etc. It should also keep the camera next to my body and a little warmer. We'll see how it works on the slopes. :)

49253671643_5c0b6b3c6e_b.jpg

• Like 4

A Christmas gift from one of my sons, a young man of good taste and advanced sensibilities, qualities obviously inherited from his mother. I'd been wanting a tidy Minolta X-700 for some time, in light of both the historical significance of the camera and it's reputation as a good shooter, so I'm looking forward to putting it to the test.

1595484477_MinoltaX-700.thumb.jpg.a5440e5852b0c0b20487499b9e90f000.jpg

• Like 4

The X-700 as outfitted in one of its most popular combinations. The X-700 with motor drive and 35-70 is a well-balanced and great handling setup. We sold several that way when my family had a camera shop. If you're into flash, the Minolta 280 PX is a handy dedicated flash which allows the camera meter flash exposure as reflected off the film. In program mode the camera will blend flash with ambient lighting. For more influence from flash shoot in aperture priority mode.

Mike Gammill said:

The X-700 as outfitted in one of its most popular combinations.

Yes, the combination of lens, drive and camera certainly handles well. So far I've shot only a quick test film around the garden, and I'm impressed. The metering , while accurate, seems to be weighted slightly differently from the XG-M I'm more familiar with, and I'll have to feel my way into exposure compensation.

I was a little late to the Spotmatic F party. I actually had an early Spotmatic (with inoperative meter) but a friend gave me his complete Spotmatic F system consisting of two bodies (one working the other not), 50mm f 1.4 SMC, 105mm f 2.8, 28mm f 3.5, 35mm f 3.5, and 200mm. All work well. The mirror was stuck in up position in non working F, but later I tried on old Mamiya 135mm f 2.8 on it and the camera worked, except for no meter. That compact 105mm f 2.8 is a neat little package that I don't use often enough. The original Spotmatic along with 55mm f 1.8 SMC was given away here a few years ago when the giving away of classic gear was being done.

Finished up film in Spotmatic F so I've started a roll of Tri-X in a much later Pentax: ZX-5 with the manual focus 50mm f 2 SMC A. The AF "went south" on this camera a few years ago so I mainly use it with my manual focus Pentax lenses, The AF indicator still confirms focus.

upload_2020-1-1_9-15-31.jpeg.e3cccfc2750f177a3e0a7ce2cb25d0b3.jpeg

A "hybrid classic" modern ZX-5 and classic 50mm f 2

and Happy New Year to all

• Like 1