What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Took out both of these today, the Rollei on a dog walk and the Leica around my house. I was too eager to see little spots of sun outside and took some FP4, most came underexposed! Too many clouds and shade still. Bummer. Took the Leica with some HP5 and took better care to not underexpose. It'll have to wait another day to finish the roll. Next I think I'll give my F2 some love.

20200216_134745.thumb.jpg.dcd3001d1b73d477b2b709cb1331afed.jpg

• Like 5

Beautiful camera Rick. I love medium format

Yes, the old Bronica is a lovely camera, far more stylish than the Hassy, and the results are right up there, too. Medium format requires quite a bit more concentration and effort than prancing around with a 35mm camera, in my opinion, and I sometimes wonder if the quality upgrade is worthwhile when the results end up as little things on the internet, but I love the procedures involved.

• Like 1

Still a lot of rain expected this weekend. Still, better than last year when it stormed.

As I'm expecting some low light I've exchanged the 2.8cm Hektor for a 5cm f/1.5 Summarit on the Leica.

Will be shooting Fomapan 100 all weekend, and probably some .45ACP blanks as well.

For sake of traveling light, I'm not really planning to carry any other cameras.

• Like 3

FB_IMG_1582943667473.thumb.jpg.ea31a3867ac99603412e3ccf42e77627.jpg

My very new to me Leica M2. I haven't even held an M until I got this one in the mail. Came with an adapted Summitar f!/2 which was very clean and coated. Looks a bit rough on the outside but mechanically it runs through all speeds no problem. Already ran two test rolls through, and the negatives are drying right now. They look very promising!

I need to stop buying before using what I have lol. This should stop the GAS, for now...

• Like 5

And a great introduction, Moving On. My family had a camera shop in those days and for a while the AE-1 was one of our best selling SLRs. In those days you could add dedicated flash and autowinder, but you could still enjoy the camera just fine without the winder or with a non dedicated flash. Manual settings also made it an attractive option for photography students who wanted an automatic camera to use when not using manual settings in class. The A series was well though out, although I always felt the AT-1 (should have had a mechanical shutter) and for some reason some of them wouldn't work properly unless fed a steady diet of silver oxide batteries. The other A series worked fine on alkaline, Other worthy competitors that we sold (also offering autowinder and dedicated flash) were the Olympus OM-10, Minolta XD-11/5. Minolta XG-7, and Konica T4,
  • Like 1