What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

After a few Pentax weekends, I'm going for a mix of classic and modern from Olympus.

upload_2019-7-17_19-35-38.jpeg.77a2581301bfd2abfa92ffc5c710d0bd.jpeg

Plus-X in the Olympus 35 RC

upload_2019-7-17_19-37-11.jpeg.360d949fa359462517f72dc50ff5740e.jpeg

Olympus OM77 AF (will have the AF 35-70 rather than manual focus 50)

BTW, do you know what happens when you mount a non AF Olympus lens on an OM77 AF? Besides the obvious lack of autofocus the camera utilizes aperture priority automation, but there is no display in the finder to indicate the shutter speed.

• Like 2

Why do we only use cameras on the weekend? Can we have a "What cameras are you using this week" forum?

Anyway, over the last few days, I used a Brownie 2 model F, which is actually brown, with a roll of TMax 400,

and a roll of TMax 100, both expired in 1992.

The Brownie has three aperture settings, which some say agree with f/16, f/22, and f/32. Without measuring

them, I think that is about right. There are also two shutter speed, I and T. I is about 1/50s, and T holds

the shutter open until you move the knob back again. This one is interesting, in that for I, the shutter

opens for either movement of the shutter knob. (Down or up, for vertical, left or right for horizontal.)

The instructions specifically warn not to use the smallest aperture with the I shutter speed, but I

don't think they knew about TMax 400 then. (Tri-X would have been closer, but still years away.)

So, I specifically found a nice sunny day, and took some with the smallest aperture.

• Like 1

-- glen

No weekend photo plans (it's been very hot, and now thunderstorms) so I've been restoring a Miranda Automex II. It's really in quite nice condition but the meter is weak, so I'm replacing the selenium cell with one from a Praktica LB. Once the door seals are replaced I'll take it out for a test.

1738583182_AutomexII.JPG.d0b9c160ebc5b3aeb9f5a937c6cb018e.JPG

Miranda Automex II

• Like 2

Glen H said

Why do we only use cameras on the weekend? Can we have a "What cameras are you using this week" forum?

Most of us just use 'em all week anyway. But calling it "what cameras are you using this week" would be more descriptive. If the moderator wants to change the title accordingly, it's all right with me.

We're going out of town for the next week and I'll be taking my Rolleiflex 3.5 Xenotar and a digital kit with Nikon D750 and a few lenses. Should do the job without carrying too much. One of the many things I have always loved about the Rolleiflex is how compact and light it is to lug relative to the image quality. I might see if I have room to slip in the Retina IIa for a little 35mm as well. We'll just see how the bag packs...

(snip)

The Brownie has three aperture settings, which some say agree with f/16, f/22, and f/32. Without measuring

them, I think that is about right. There are also two shutter speed, I and T. I is about 1/50s, and T holds

the shutter open until you move the knob back again. This one is interesting, in that for I, the shutter

opens for either movement of the shutter knob. (Down or up, for vertical, left or right for horizontal.)

The instructions specifically warn not to use the smallest aperture with the I shutter speed, but I

don't think they knew about TMax 400 then. (Tri-X would have been closer, but still years away.)

So, I specifically found a nice sunny day, and took some with the smallest aperture.

Scan0001.thumb.jpeg.4094243f9f0f256b7ab2cb8fda70964e.jpeg

This one is taken on a Brownie 2F with shutter speed I (about 1/50s) and smallest aperture (about f/32) on TMY from 1992.

• Like 2

-- glen

I took three film cameras away on holiday - Rolleiflex 3.5 Xenotar, Retina IIc and Voightlander Vito III. I never had a chance to use the Rollei and the Retina jammed up a few frames in so that roll got moved over to the Voightlander most of the film shooting was with it. No harm done. It really is a wonderful folder, quirky but with great feel and the Ultron is the bee's knees.
  • Like 2