• 29 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 0 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• Hi, I use third party macro/close-up filters attached to a trail camera for filming wild birds, and other small animals, at close range. With the trail camera I have at present I am using vintage 27mm contaflex filters. I have two sets (+1, +2, +3) one made by Bittco (Super Vemar) and the other Vivitar. I use a Zeiss-Ikon (S27) Sykylite filter with the glass removed as an 'adapter ring' for attaching the macro filters to the trail camera lens. The results are quite good considering . This video shows the method and some sample clips: Campark TC02 Macro Filter Modification That said, the auto-exposure control on these trail cameras (invariably aperture priority) has it's limitations and struggles in bright sunlight. I'm wondering, were 27mm neutral density filters ever produced for Contaflex filters ? I regularly scan EBay but have never seen one listed. I've thought about using a larger size ND filter (say 37mm) attached to the macro filter with a step-up ring, but one thing I've found with these Contaflex filters is that the low profile, fine pitch thread is not compatible with 'generic' step rings, at least those I purchased on EBay (from China).  
    • When a Minox winks, it takes a picture. But when I bought the first Minox A with defective shutter blades, I had to know more… This Minox A was a flawless beauty, but you could tell from the outside that something was wrong with it. Through the glass window in front of the lens I could see that the shutter blades were destroyed. The camera could not be cocked and certainly not triggered. It was a disgrace. On the other hand, I had bought it cheaply and so I had the courage to repair it. It became a very long road. But I wanted to know and so I created a documentation of how the mechanical shutter of an 8×11 Minox actually works. I took notes and lots of pictures. And as is often the case in life, if you delve deeply enough into a topic, it becomes more and more fascinating. So here it is for anyone who also wants to know how the Minox shutter works: https://moments-of-now.com/how-the-minox-shutter-works/ Please note that this is not an actual repair procedure. Rather, it is intended to describe how the shutter works. It is also aimed at those of you who do not want to repair but are interested in Minox technology.
    • Some more Nikomat shots - my brother and I generally used bulk loaded Plus-X or Tri-X, developed the film in Microdol-X @ 1:3, and printed on Kodak Polycontrast paper using Dektol @1:2. The first one is from the mid 1970s when my brother (driving) and a couple of friends did a Maine to Canada trip in a beat-up IH Scout. No passports were needed back then to go back and forth, but we were given a good looking over at the border coming back into the States! This one was taken in Maine around the same time using some type of chemical to cause the reticulation effect -  And a few more taken with a Diana+ around a local farm.