F-mount(non-AI) Steinheil Auto-Quinar 100mm f/3.5

I'm just curious if anyone had ever seen or encountered one of these.

I bought a Nikon F lot not too terribly long ago with actually an incredibly well documented history of its first/original owner, who had lived in Germany for a number of years. The camera itself is worthy of a post(it's a lovely low 64 million block black F with a clean eye level prism) and lots of documentation. The person who sold it to me had done quite a bit of research on the history of it.

In any case, in this kit was an F-mount Steinheil Munchen lens. Most references you find to this maker list them making Exakta lenses, and I can find very little information on any F mount lenses by them.

I've used the lens a bit-admittedly on my Df and not on film-and it's really a lovely lens. I'd dare say it's a bit sharper at comparable apertures to Nikon's 105mm f/2.5 of the same vintage, but also has its own rendering.

As I said, I'm looking for information or just general comments on the lens, but am also just sort of showing it off too...

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

IMG_1164.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

Edited by ben_hutcherson
  • Like 1

• ben_hutcherson changed the title to F-mount(non-AI) Steinheil Auto-Quinar 100mm f/3.5