What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

In addition the gear I mentioned earlier, I may take as a modern film camera my Yashica T3. It's rain resistant, has both eye level and right angle finders, and a 35mm f2.8 Carl Zeiss lens. Uses the big 6 volt lithium cell. I bought it new during the late 1980's. On the used market today they go for a lot less than the T4. With the T4 you get compactness and more focus zones. But gotta love that T3 f2.8 lens. DX from 64 to 1600 so it was Kodachrome friendly (at least for K64 and 200)

Rick- running out of Double-X isn't good. Where do you get yours? The last I got came from Film Photography Project. Not really cheap for the 100' roll, but less than 100' of TX or TMY. But it gives results I like so when I use up my current supply I will likely buy more. I do miss the days when I could buy "short ends" of this film for 5 cents a foot.
  • Like 1

I'm in the New Orleans area this weekend, and I spent time shooting in the French Quarter with a Nikon FE2 and an FM loaded with Provia 100F and Ektar 100. Got to try out my 16mm f/2.8 AIS fisheye on the narrow streets of the Quarter.

I'm from New Orleans, but I got flooded out by hurricane Katrina and live 200 miles away now. I'm hoping to move back down here next year.

Probably a good idea to finish the roll of Delta 3200 sitting in my FM2; would also like to finish up the Perceptol before it expires - so Delta 100 or FP4 in some camera. Given that my collection is a fraction of what most of you have, selecting one is a whole lot easier for me..... (in other words, that's going to be the R6 again, I just love the Leica lenses showing off their abilities on these low-grain films).

Provided it stops raining.

Finished the roll of Rolleipan 25 in the SRT and have a second roll in my Ricoh KR5 Super II with 50mm f2 Rikenon lens. Nice light weight camera for cycling. It's also a nice fit for a few of my Pentax M lenses: 28mm f2.8, 135mm f3.5 and the ultrathin 40mm f2.8.
  • Like 1

This WE, I try my "new" Bronica GS-1, but I just noticed a problem :

all speeds are seemingly OK except 1/500 (which - the manual says - is the only speed not controlled electronically, but mechanically).

Instead of remaining open 1/500sec it more or less stays open about 1/4sec. Any idea about that ?

Paul

Ended up finishing the last half of the Rolleipan 25 in the Ricoh with Tamron 35-70 f3.5 Adaptall. It actually adds a nice heft to this otherwise light camera. I have a Chinon 45 mm 2.8 pancake lens to fit it, but the aperture blades are sluggish. This lens was sold in Ricoh trim as well back in the 90's.

572122218_MinoltaSRT-303b.thumb.JPG.7d859724093f15a1a88d85bcf0d45dfa.JPG Giving Minolta a real try with Fuji Superia 200 negative color film. This is the final version of their long line of match-needle SLRs. Solid, smooth and complete information in the viewfinder along with access to some of the highest-performing lenses ever made. Shown here with a heavy Hoya 25-42mm/3.5 (made by Tokina?) zoom lens that is surprisingly good.
  • Like 3