What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

I'm putting a film through a Minox 35EL. While the results from this tiny camera are quite astonishing, I'm not really "at home" with it, yet. Having rather large hands makes the Minox difficult to use, and I find I use my fingernails to make adjustments to the aperture, and occasionally get a finger in front of the lens. The focus ring moves very freely at the front of the lens and it's easy to shift it accidentally when one is juggling the camera. Still, I'm looking forward to the results...

Yes, the 35EL was the first of their line and for me, the best (I still use it occasionnally). When they sold out their last model, the GT-S, I decided to have one, but was very disappointed : out of the box, the aperture setting did not work ; I repaired this, but having developped the first film, I noticed that the view spacing was very irregular and I could not do anything about it. So I decided that I would not use it again (moreover, I disliked that the ISO setting was only possible through DX code).

Posted a couple from the Chinon zoom over in the weekly thread, but still have a roll of Eastman 5222 to finish up in the 8000i. Starting a roll of Rolleipan 25 in one of my Pentaxes. I plan to use Rodinal and stand developing with the 25. First time to try so not sure what will "develop".

Not decided yet, but the usual mix of classic and modern film gear. I've been enjoying using the C35V so I may put a roll in it. The 8000i still has a roll of Eastman 5222 that I will probably finish. The stand developing Rolleipan 25 worked well so may try that again soon.
  • Like 1

Streamlining my photo outings this weekend: Rollei B35 and Konica C35V, both with FP4+. May also take along one of my Minolta SRTs with compact Sigma 135mm f3.5 Mini-tele for those distance shots. Wide open, the f3.5 135 lenses from most camera makers probably perform better, but at mid apertures it does quite well. I think my copy in MD mount only cost about 12 USD from KEH a few years back. I also got a NOS copy in OM mount for only 20 USD plus shipping.

I have, I believe, a Canon IID2. It isn't so easy to tell some of the II models apart.

The shutter seems fine, though on the slowest speeds, it seems to me that timing doesn't start until you release the button.

I have been using mostly 60 and 125.

Right now, a roll of PHR.

-- glen

Finished up the film in the OM-1. For today a pair of macro set-ups: Minolta SRT 101 with 100mm F3.5 Macro MC Rokkor and for modern Pentax ZX-7 with Pentax FA 50mm f2.8 Macro. For quick photos I'm keeping my Konica C35V handy. The Minolta has Tri-X and the Konica has Ilford FP4+. Haven't loaded the ZX-7 yet.

This is more of an after-action debriefing than a prediction. I finally got to shoot my RB67, for the first time. I managed to be in the right place at the right time to shoot one of the coolest buildings in the state, which was also a first for me.

After much consideration, trying different vantages, waiting for people to move cars out of the way, changing lenses twice and viewfindersweet once, I finally got to focus carefully, lock down the camera and the tripod, and squeeze off the first shot. Then I moved to the other side of the building and took another shot. In the process of taking that one, I realized that I had underexposed the first one quite badly. And one or more of the umpteen safety interlocks prevented me from making a third exposure. :confused:

Switched from the 100mm macro on the SRT 101 and took a few solar eclipse photos with Tamron Adaptall 500mm mirror lens and my Celestron mylar solar filter. Maybe tomorrow I will have some to post. Had to shoot a few digital for the local newspaper. Used my old 500mm f8 preset with solar filter for that.