What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

A few shots to finish up Eastman 5222 in Pentax ZX-7 with 50mm macro. Made a few shots at indoor shooting range this morning. Got to fire a really great old rifle: made in England during the 1930's. Hopefully had enough light. Still working on a roll of Kentmere 100 in the C35V.

Hello Mike

Look forward to the range photos

Here is one of me cranking a friends Gatling

Taken with my old AE1

1377235058_Doncrankin.thumb.jpg.d52f66fcb9ae7a15aee3f1a30b64fa89.jpg

• Like 1

A little more on the English rifle: the action was made in 1917, but the rifle was rebuilt in the 1950's. It uses 303 ammo. I got to shoot it several times and I was impressed. My oldest son bought this one at a gun show last spring.

The Japanese rifle didn't fare so well. It was actually built in the 20's but saw use all the way through WWII. My dad was part of a force that occupied Japan after the war and he was allowed to bring it home. My son managed to fire one shot with it, but after that it wouldn't fire. We took it apart and believe we found the trouble but will have to fix it later.

• Like 1

Nice Lee Enfield Sporter rifle, Mike.

The oldest British sporter I've shot was a 1920s BSA .22LR

The oldest rifle I've shot is an 1917-dated Eddystone M1917 rifle in .30-06

Another couple from two weeks ago at the Thompson Bridge Market-Garden event with the PEN FT, 38mm f/1.8 Zuiko, Fomapan

http://www.flibweb.nl/flibweb/cpg154/albums/userpics/10001/GR170910.jpg

http://www.flibweb.nl/flibweb/cpg154/albums/userpics/10001/GR170924.jpg

• Like 2

I had an FE2 out last weekend, to finish up the roll from earlier in the year.

After a few shots, the mirror didn't come back after a shot, though I don't know if the shutter stayed open or closed.

I turned the knob to M250, and the mirror returned.

Seems that the battery has enough to open the shutter and mirror up, but not finish it.

If I press the button to turn on the meter, it goes up to the right spot, and then immediately back down.

So, the last few pictures on the roll taken with the M250 setting.

I don't remember now which battery this is, maybe the one that came with it, or from another camera.

I didn't buy a new one for it.

Finished up the roll of Gold 100 (GA).

-- glen

I always used the lithium DL1/3N for my FM, but I don't expect to use the FE2 quite that much.

I have a few old cameras that were designed for Hg batteries now have alkaline cells.

The calibration might be a little off, but close enough for black and white film.

-- glen

Just remember to stand on your head when composing thru the ground glass. Left is right & right is left. . up is down & down is up. . .

Is that better or worse than TLR or the little right angle viewfinders on Kodak (and other) folding cameras and many box cameras?

For those up is still up, and down is down, but right is left, and left is right.

-- glen

I have a film to finish in a Mamiya 645 1000s, and I thought I might run a film through a Topcon RM300, a camera I don't use very often. Of course, Topcon fans will point out that this is not a real Topcon, apparently having been made by Cima Kogaku with a Pentax PK mount, but it's a pleasant camera to use with it's nice bright viewfinder which features a red/green LED display from the CDS meter. With the addition of the winder the camera has an agreeable heft, and handles very well.

Topcon RM300

569655953_TopconPneta.thumb.jpg.4a2cdf2fb20256108fb56f221bf237db.jpg

• Like 5