• 1.3k views
    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 6 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 1 reply

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• I am a little confused about VR capability of my Zf when paired with an F mount lens using the FTZ II adapter, and was wondering if someone could shed some light on it for me. I frequently use the AF-S 85mm F/1.8G, as well as the AF-S 70-200 F/4G ED on the Zf, the latter of which has VR in the lens. When I mount an adapted F-mount lens that has no VR in it, I can choose between normal, sport, or off from the menu as usual, and enjoy several stops of VR. Obviously, this is using the in body image stabilization system of the camera, since the lens has none. However, when I mount an F-mount lens that has VR built in, the Vibration Reduction options are greyed out in the menu, and show either on or off depending on the position of the VR switch on the lens. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me like it is only using the VR in the lens, and IBIS is not available in this case. Why is IBIS available with adapted non-VR lenses, but not with adapted VR lenses? I do not have a native Z mount lens that has built-in VR, but I would hope one could use any combination of IBIS, lens VR, both, or none.
    • I once tried to repair a Minolta point and shoot, and received the worst electric shock I've ever had from the flash capacitor. This as an electrical engineer of 41 years experience working on voltages up to 33,000 volts.
    • Indeed might be a defective flash capacitor as you suggest. Camera will not be "ready" until flash is ready to fire, even if not needed; would explain the delay. One possible test before buying a replacement capacitor would be to somehow trick the camera to turn on with the case open, then off, and measure the decay of the capacitor voltage; normally it stays at "lethal" (actually strong jolt) level for several minutes. Which is why one should discharge that capacitor (through a 1k-ohm resitor) when working inside a P&S. Replacement capacitor should have: equal or larger voltage (imperative) equal or smaller dimensions (imperative), approximately equal capacitance (not crucial). Search "flash capacitor" on aliexpress.
    • the storks always fleeing the cold Tele-Elmarit M 90 on Fuji X-E1