AWSOME Flash defuser!!

rodeo_joe1

So I seen this GREAT flash defuser on ebay. Only £19.99 + £4.99 p&p. Seller says it gives more softer affect than all others and so I get one. Wow! Was he RIGHT! Totally AWSOME and much more better defusion than what I get with my little Stowfin what cost the same money. 

So I show it my friend and they also wants one as well. BIG PROBLEM! There's no brand name on it and seller has now dispeared from eBay and don't answer my messages. 

So, big question, do anyone know what brand this fing is? Can't find no markings on it nowhere. 

Front-view.jpg.3cf577815efd90beb4b628c18ede7565.jpg

Seller says it give softer flash if you turn it sideways like this. And he was right. Side-view.jpg.e0567304f41de6b0a6ab448167c17c29.jpg

Little tube on right is apparently 'light feedback pipe' according to seller its needed for some kinds of speedlite but mine works fine with it.

Would love to get another for my freind but need to now what brand they is. 

Nother BIG ISSUE. I can't get the flash to fire when I fit it to my Menolta srt101 like above. Altho it works fine on my Nikon D6 no problem. Anyone know what's rung dudes? 

Edited by rodeo_joe1
  • Very Nice 1

1 hour ago, rodeo_joe1 said:

I can't get the flash to fire when I fit it to my Menolta srt101 like above. Altho it works fine on my Nikon D6 no problem. Anyone know what's rung dudes? 

Perhaps some of its owner's feelings about film vs digital have rubbed off on it.

This reminds me of something a wedding photographer/friend did--two large styrofoam coffee cups glued together with a hole cut out of the bottom of one of them to go over his flash.  It was basically a bare bulb flash and worked quite well.  He would have been appalled at the price of your miracle attachment... but I realize it is April 1.

Yes.  In the US, this was originally marketed by Godox, but Chinese engineers reverse-engineered the design and sold the licensing rights to Happy Farms Dairy.

The packaging literature advises rinsing out the inside prior to attaching it to the flash.

I got mine on craigslist.  It came with this handy bonus accessory, a mounting kit for the flash.  Such a deal!

3M 3939 Duct Tape - 3" x 60 yds, Silver S-10333 - Uline

• Like 1

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

4 hours ago, AJG said:

This reminds me of something a wedding photographer/friend did--two large styrofoam coffee cups glued together with a hole cut out of the bottom of one of them to go over his flash.  It was basically a bare bulb flash and worked quite well.  He would have been appalled at the price of your miracle attachment... but I realize it is April 1.

Got it now, in my country it is in december "day of the inocent" 😁

A milk container!? How dare you! 

I'll have you know that the contents were only the finest budget orange juice (made from concentrate). 

I call it the "Citra-light" diffuser - extra large 2 litre size. 

BTW. Here's a view of the Minolta srT101 'Hotshoe'. IMG_20230402_114127.jpg.a366fbd00bdd70fcf1e7d63ca00faec5.jpg

Edited by rodeo_joe1

On 4/1/2023 at 9:09 AM, PapaTango said:

Yes.  In the US, this was originally marketed by Godox, but Chinese engineers reverse-engineered the design and sold the licensing rights to Happy Farms Dairy.

The packaging literature advises rinsing out the inside prior to attaching it to the flash.

I got mine on craigslist.  It came with this handy bonus accessory, a mounting kit for the flash.  Such a deal!

3M 3939 Duct Tape - 3" x 60 yds, Silver S-10333 - Uline

I can assured you the device is invented and made totally in the UK. Some of the process of making it involved highly skilled craftman. It's no Chinese knockoff stuff. Same can't be said for the flash though.

On 4/2/2023 at 12:56 PM, BeBu Lamar said:

You're lucky the 101 doesn't cause problem for your flash as it shorted the 2 contacts of your flash hot foot. 

I wondered why the Vivitar 283 that I first tried gave me an electric shock before it burst into flames. Oh well, that piece of old junk was no great loss. 

12 hours ago, c_watson1 said:

Diffusion adjustable

Indeed. I now choose my drinks based on how useful the container looks, not on what the contents taste like. 

Incidentally, a slightly more 'opal' drinks container made a great light tent for macro use. Just lay a flash next to it on low power and you have a directional but soft and 'enveloping' light for watches, jewelry, coins, etc. 

13 hours ago, c_watson1 said:

Tanqueray and Bombay Sapphire bottles work nicely, too...

How do you get those over a speedlight, or put a macro subject inside them? 

Or do you just 'dispose' of the contents and not care? 

Besides, it seems a bit of a waste of money when you can't stand the taste of gin.