What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

I managed to get a film through the Canonet I featured above, before the first of the winter storm fronts arrived. If the weather improves over the next day or so I'll take this Contax RTS out for some exercise; the aperture blades in the Planar lens became progressively stickier a few months ago, and it arrived back from a CLA last week.

Contax RTS

996984773_ContaxRTSa.thumb.jpg.7486cae10c131167105eb0a72b69de7b.jpg

• Like 3

That's an excellent lens, Mike, and one that's not that easy to find; I've been keeping an eye open for one for some time. It's reputed to be the same optical formula as the esteemed Nikkor 105/2.5. The Adaptamatics were apparently the last of the hand-built Tamrons, without the aid of computer design and testing. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.
  • Like 2

I'm going to New Orleans this weekend and rain is predicted for Saturday.

So, decisions, decisions.................on which folder I to bring along.

47728091591_ee8786161e_b.jpg

Currently I'm favoring the Vito II weekender edition, which fits into a zip lock bag.

Good Choice.. I believe I have the same sample of Voigtlaender Folders :)

• Like 1

Going to Militracks on Sunday, got a roll of Fomapan 100 in the Argus Model K

[ATTACH=full]1295421[/ATTACH]

Hopefully I've plugged up that light leak now. Third time's a charm, right?

Will be taking another camera or two as well. Not decided yet. Possibly a Contax or something in Medium Format.

Been there... said the same ....fingers crossed!!

I might start off the new weekly thread with some images from the Tamron Adaptamatic 105mm f 2.5. The lenses are not all that scarce stateside, but the Adaptamatic adapters are hard to find, Mine came with the Auto Rokkor adapter so I have to use stop-down metering with it. No big deal since I learned SLR photography with a camera that had stop down metering. There is an MC Adaptamatic mount, but I haven't found one yet. The Adaptamatic mounts are a bit fiddly compared to the later Adaptall and Adaptall II.

Just for fun, I thought I'd shoot a film with one of my earliest acquisitions, a KMZ Zenit 3M. I think it's one of the prettiest FSU cameras, and also one of the most basic. The little 50mm Industar-50 f/3.5 lenses vary in quality, but luckily I have several to choose from and one of them is an excellent performer. The camera is pictured with a Leningrad 4 exposure meter, still going strong.

Zenit 3M

121672970_KMZZenit3M.thumb.jpg.75e7e4a5215532af1a16c4077ac0195d.jpg

• Like 5

That's an excellent lens, Mike, and one that's not that easy to find; I've been keeping an eye open for one for some time. It's reputed to be the same optical formula as the esteemed Nikkor 105/2.5. The Adaptamatics were apparently the last of the hand-built Tamrons, without the aid of computer design and testing. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.

p270.thumb.jpg.3184dee9a9d7d47105cf2f1e94497844.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice, James, your copy is cosmetically far better than my rather worn example! The other 105/2.5 I use quite regularly is an elderly Sankyo Kohki Komura pre-set lens, with it's formidable array of aperture blades, about 18 in all. It's great for botanical work, with extension rings. Great results from your Nikkor, Mike, over on the weekly thread.
  • Like 1

48061597266_fc62bf8b60_k.jpg

Just finished working on it this week. A pre-war Isolette body with what is probably a postwar shutter/lens. Nice thing about the pre-war versions is that they can switch between 6X6 and 4.5X6.

Shot half a roll yesterday and will finish up this weekend. This is a new level of "manual" for me. Only 3 shutter speeds plus filters means I have to think a bit more. Not to mention scale focusing which is not something I very practiced with. I guess I'll find out how well I did on collimating.

• Like 2

This Pentax Super A (aka Super Program) turned up this morning, and I've spent a pleasant few hours removing a few decades of grime, while the rain drummed on the roof. A little abrasion of battery terminals and fresh sets of batteries brought all systems back to life, and if the weather picks up tomorrow I hope to run a film. In a sense it's one step up from the Pentax ME Super I enjoy using, and I've hankered after a black one for a while, along with quite a few bidders obviously wealthier than me. Still, this was a local camera and while I wouldn't rate it's condition as pristine, it was affordable and in working condition.

Pentax Super A

554578636_PentaxSuperA.thumb.jpg.eb206319630f5e8eb0b9c9562a7fa16b.jpg

• Like 3

Early part of the week I'll be processing and scanning the film from the Rollei 35S and the Minolta SRT 101. Next I'll be using one of my Tamron short zooms: either the 35-80 or 35-70. Will put lens on either Nikon FE2 or Olympus OM-1 since I have Adaptall mounts for both (and many others as well).

Rick D- the 7000i was the first Maxxum to have multiple AF sensors (3) and you could use all three or select the center one. Also the honeycomb metering favored what the camera focused one. Clearly an advanced camera for its day. I got (and still have) the 8000i which upped top shutter speed to 1/8000 second and allowed multiple exposures. The 35-70 was a great lens (even had an aspherical element). I like the viewfinders of the 7000i/8000i better than some of Minolta's later efforts although the AF sensors of the Maxxum 7 and 9 were well-engineered.

Rick v- I've never tried the Rollei RPX 25 but I'm guessing it would be a good choice for half frame. My slow film experiences are limited to Rolleipan 25, Ilford Pan F+, Efke 25, Agfa APX 25 (2 rolls left), and Panatomic-X.