• 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• We'll see, but I doubt it. Hoping there's more in the RF-S pipeline than they're showing. Lack of lenses is a real issue.
    • Greetings CMC fans Did finally develop some film. Weather has been poor. I am also hindered by an orthopedic Boot I am wearing for the next 6 seeks (now 4) . I had a broken right foot for Xma and a broken left foot for Easter. There was no trauma..these turned out to be stress fractures.. I digress.  I made a separate post for the ongoing saga with the low-contrast, flare from the Yashica Mat. Don't worry I saved some pics for here 😉I forgot to say in the last post that the working light meter gave up on the last exposure on the roll. Not a great meter, but a good selling point. Gggrrr I acquired a Kodak 35 RF just before Xmas. I believe I posted a few pics from the first roll, which I consequently tore the film mid-roll. I noted that the first (and only) five frames were orderly spaced etc . Meanwhile I was playing with it and the shutter was very intermittent, fired only sporadically.. It took a long time to get behind this, but in Edison fashion (1000,000 attempts) I have figured it out. The release on this camera is awkward and badly placed. As I was fumbling to find this in my first outing, it likely helped. I've determined that once cocked, there is a millimeter of spring return that almost never works completely. The user needs to nudge the release up a bit. It will make a barely audible "tick". Once you start doing this, the shutter fires 100%. I recently took possession of a Kodak Tourist II, which had some light leaks if we all remember well. Reading around referred me to "plastic Dip" I suppose it is much like "liquid Electric Tape" but this could be thinned with Naphtha. That appealed to me and I bought a small can . I liked how easily it was to work with ..and besides the Tourist II, I had a Zeiss Ikon 520/2 Ikomat (US version of the Ikonta)  I received this as a gift from a CMC contributor: Gabor Szabo. This had quite a few holes, so I tackled these bellows and while I was very pleased with the process, I fear now either new ones opened up,  I did a lousy job, or Plasti-Diüp is not good for bellows patching.  I did get some better images..but not the contrast I wanted for these 6x9 negatives  The infamous Yashica Mat 124    You've certainly have seen this statue from me before... I need new hunting grounds 😉 This is what I like about Ground Glass focusing This is in pretty good shaper given its age. shutter assembly is not lagging etc on slow speeds. Quite snappy...when it fires!!  Close enough to try the RF..seems to work ok.. Interesting half frame image for the finder The Anastar lens is nice for its age!   A building at Belsenplatz The Three-Slice House . This was a Thyssen/Krupp  building but I think it has changed hands.. flatness issues .. note bottom right Sure looks like light leaks to me... new ones.. or poorly patched old one?  May be flare... IIRC I was trying to use the structure to my left to shield the directional light    
    • Hi @pavel_l., I really like this photo! Your focus, b/w tones, subject vs. background textures are IMHO excellent. I love the 'echo' of graffiti between the 'main' and 'secondary' subjects. For me, this 'echo' brings all parts of the photo together as a whole. T.B.H. I don't think that 'Vomiting' is the most attractive (or even descriptive) title for this photo as a whole. The photo is fine. My only tip is to consider an alternative title. My guess is that your title is focused on the overflowing ticket machine. As good as the title is, I humbly suggest that there's a lot more going on in this photo than just the ticket machine (for example the graffiti). Up to you but  you might want to look at the photo as a whole and consider a different title. Best wishes, Mike