• 29 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 0 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• Thank you Mike for your interpretation. The other title that is coming to my mind is 'The Birth. Ticket to Parenthood' Unfortunately, I am not good on reading graffiti, did not see them 'acting.' Cheers.
    • Guessing by the expiry date of 1973 the film would have been manufactured at the time when C-22 was the process for color negative film. C-22 ran at 24C while the replacement process C-41 runs much hotter at 38C and is not compatible with old film. Ancient Vericolor can be developed in black and white chemistry to yield a negative but this negative is hard to print because of the orange mask.
    • Hi, The film looks usable to me judging by the crossed processed sheet, but you'll need to develop in C41 to obtain the best results that you can get for that long expired film. The colors will be abhorrent most likely if the film hasn't been frozen for a good part of the 48 years since it expired. I'm not sure what the white residue is, but with C41 there is a slight milkyness look on the processed film when it's removed from the tank, however, it disappears during drying. How many sheets do you have? Is it worth carrying on with long expired color film? I think not unless you convert the images to B&W in post processing to at least get viewable images without the going through the impossible task of trying to revive the color degradation to something that looks normal. Perhaps it would be better to accept your loss and move on to much newer film. It's all valuable experience though, I went through it. Unless you know expired film has been kept in a freezer, it's a lucky dip.
    • Good for business…  when companies use your work. Broncolor selected this studio shot (reposted below) for inclusion in their Para brochure . The young model was excited to be published in Broncolors brochure. It was her first time being published. The brochure shows the work of 18 photographers from around the world. …and motivating for me as photographer too. The session was shot within the first year the Paras were purchased. It is nice to see a company like Broncolor paying attention to photographers and their work. Using Paras in studio is effortless. The Para 133 and 222 perform flawlessly. The only issue I had was which ones to buy based on how I shoot. There were no rentals nearby to test. They are so radically different from any other modifier I’ve used, so it was no simple task. Paras are so adjustable, focusing and feathering - they are like a hundred modifiers on one. A lot of looks. You really start envisioning your sessions and what your results will and can be. Using a light modifier that creates a 3D light source before light leaves the modifier is genius. Shadow gradations are amazing and tunable. Just can’t say enough for these Paras. Even post processing is impacted. Skin and clothing looks so much better with Paras. Editing time is dramatically reduced. Here in Taipei, I shot a model and also gave her the opportunity to select photos for her portfolio. She selected 8 photos. I said no problem to pic more. She was concerned over editing time since it was free work for her. I delivered over 30 photos to her in an hour or two editing effort. Most of that time was background cleanup. She was surprised. https://broncolor.swiss/assets/img/General/Category-images/Para/broncolor-Para-brochure.pdf  
    • Good for business…  when companies use your work. Broncolor selected this studio shot (reposted below) for inclusion in their Para brochure . The young model was excited to be published in Broncolors brochure. It was her first time being published. The brochure shows the work of 18 photographers from around the world. …and motivating for me as photographer too. The session was shot within the first year the Paras were purchased. It is nice to see a company like Broncolor paying attention to photographers and their work. Using Paras in studio is effortless. The Para 133 and 222 perform flawlessly. The only issue I had was which ones to buy based on how I shoot. There were no rentals nearby to test. They are so radically different from any other modifier I’ve used, so it was no simple task. Paras are so adjustable, focusing and feathering - they are like a hundred modifiers on one. A lot of looks. You really start envisioning your sessions and what your results will and can be. Using a light modifier that creates a 3D light source before light leaves the modifier is genius. Shadow gradations are amazing and tunable. Just can’t say enough for these Paras. Even post processing is impacted. Skin and clothing looks so much better with Paras. Editing time is dramatically reduced. Here in Taipei, I shot a model and also gave her the opportunity to select photos for her portfolio. She selected 8 photos. I said no problem to pic more. She was concerned over editing time since it was free work for her. I delivered over 30 photos to her in an hour or two editing effort. Most of that time was background cleanup. She was surprised. https://broncolor.swiss/assets/img/General/Category-images/Para/broncolor-Para-brochure.pdf