The iPhone photographer

"Silence that phone🤫lol."mjferron

But then, but then, it might be a very important call from the boss. Or ,a family member who needs to speaks to you as matter of urgency for them.

Or, your Mum. A Mum is not to be ignored. Even a super hero, like my mate Sam, does ignore his Mums phone call.

Jeez, he would "shiver his timbers " at ignoring his Mums phone call.

Silence is not golden despite what the song says so. 

Just had a realization today that my phone enables me to shoot things I couldn’t get with any of my current camera/lens combos. 
like extreme close ups. I’m not typically proficient at landscapes but do pull off the occasional one with the phone cam.

Examples to follow:

IMG_9183.thumb.jpeg.dbd8ed0e3395c1a3c68f2ce16b44ac95.jpeg

IMG_9141.thumb.jpeg.490c3e52c5bc5041b93e056df5d81d2c.jpeg

IMG_9181.jpeg.63025dfebe41c9eb308b2b762d2f2609.jpeg

IMG_9132.thumb.jpeg.a37c8587eae5215d57095a82629a7031.jpeg

loop

Edited by Ricochetrider
  • Like 2

I still have to say honestly that I don’t consider my phone a “serious” photographic tool… but it’s always with me, and I’ve taken a bunch of shots I really like with my phones.

The shot of the car below, I got printed in a size of roughly 11 x 17 - loosely 3:2 format which varies slightly somehow, on this phone pic print, from my 35mm 3:2? In any case, the print looks great! 

IMG_1904.jpeg.1fb8edb502c116e56c755fca5e2aadc0.jpeg

IMG_7133.jpeg.d1ebc1bf212e35590f85ffab1268ee00.jpeg

IMG_2825.jpeg.7bf37d51e7561bdcbdf0b20901ae4238.jpeg

IMG_5436.thumb.jpeg.ba6bf0fdc5dd012a5173946233dec55c.jpeg

• Very Nice 1

^ the brick wall could be a metaphor" Sam.

Sam, uses a high end Canon for his local exhibition prints. Seems we are on the same page, Sam.

"the brick wall could be a metaphor" Sam.

Indeed, for what? Keeping , in or out? Or, maybe just to restrict other values and other peoples. Think on it.

Of course you can take great photos with any device. But, why not take photos from a specifically designed device, to support your photographic desire.? Yes, iPhone you can put in your pocket, always with you. So, there are many far superior photographic devices you can put in your pocket .Laziness comes to mind. 

I suppose simplicity and convivence are the operative words. Why have to think...a troubling concept.

Posted (edited)

"Da Vinci would be proud" Sam

Really. I would think he had a very personnel connection to his subject. Someone abusing that, putting a moustache on it, for money Hmm....Perhaps some folk would like to have a silly giggle without respect for the Artist.

What is a tool? Methinks, its a imaginative piece of Art which enables you to express your Art. Without the tool where would be the Art?

Unfortunately some folk think they can project their Art by some form of mind projection.. Silly giggle folk, disrespecting the Imaginative Art, which creates the tools to express the Art/ Imagination. 

Edited by Allen Herbert

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JDMvW said:

It is like the oath that all photographers should swear

"first, do no harm"

This is a more universal principle than the golden rule, even.

I thought it was, first, take the lens cap off! 😊

• Like 3

"You talkin' to me?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...