The Most Popular Image on PhotoNet

Mudita

May I also point out this statistic, from the Forums page. Apparently, each member has viewed the image at least five times - and, considering I never saw it prior to reading this thread, I would question this.

Member Statistics

Total Members
Most Online

I would also question the veracity of these figures in themselves - does the 472 include bots and guests ?

On 1/28/2023 at 4:28 PM, Tony Parsons said:

May I also point out this statistic, from the Forums page. Apparently, each member has viewed the image at least five times - and, considering I never saw it prior to reading this thread, I would question this.

Member Statistics

Total Members
Most Online

I would also question the veracity of these figures in themselves - does the 472 include bots and guests ?

No bots but certainly enough guests.  It is funny what happens in a few decades and no one is really paying attention and making adjustments.

Block statistics on any forum site are dross and deceit.  Promotional eye candy for the masses.  In this number are the dead and the disinterested and the decrepit and the spammers and the banned, and accounts that were made that never posted or visited again.  It is astounding that through the various migrations since 2000, many important things have been lost and this bit of oddness has been preserved in every iteration.

If conservatively this number were to be trimmed of the flotsam and jetsam and then filtered for the number of members who have logged on over the last 2 years well then about 30K can be accounted for.  We are unable to muster complete metrics prior to the mugration in October of 2022 and analyze any previous trends.

Our apologies for the prose as we have been parsing Hemingway and seem dispensed to be rather polysyndactic today.

This message brought to you by ChatGPT, the future of human communication.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...