What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

2 hours ago, gary green said:

@bruce_z._li2 Did you ever get your Synchro-Rapid 800 shutter working?

Hi Gary, I did manage to open up the shutter. But in the process of removing the synchro sub-assembly I messed up things, so the shutter seems not salvageable any more. The lens cells are still in great shape so I will probably mount it in another shutter for projects.

• Like 1

This Pentax K2  is an acquaintance's camera (the lens is mine) and will be with me for the weekend. 
The ISO dial (located around the bayonet) and the aperture following cam were stuck, likely from lack of use and I promised to give it a look. 

The hack (the only one I know) was a few drops of naptha and now the parts appear to be moving.
I will be shooting a roll of Foma 200 -   my usual test film.

I hope it stays operational. It is an gloriously solid camera from 1975. 

It was the flagship model of the Pentax mount change from M42 to K. It has an electronically controlled shutter with automatic exposure (aperture priority) and yet, amazingly, the speeds from 1/125 and up to 1/1000 & B operates even without batteries.

Pentax K2 (1975) w SMC-M 50mm 2.0

• Like 4
Niels

30 minutes ago, bruce_z._li2 said:

@James BryantHi James, how do you like the 180 Planar? I'm still debating which one to get for short tele to compliment my 60/3.5: 120/4 makro, 150/4, and 180/4.

The 180/4 is a good lens, working with it is like a 105mm on 35mm. I had a 150 that I used for 30 years and then gave it to my son. Of the two focal lengths I probably like the 150 better but it is a close call.