What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Nikon F801S was my first auto focus camera (if we discount the P&S). It was heavy and loud, but quite advanced for its time. I did use it spotmeter function once in a while, as well as the little programmability to leave the film leader out after auto rewinding. Went to Iceland with me, and survived well.

• Like 1

My first autofocus SLR was a Maxxum 5000.  Same sensor as 7000 but only offered program and manual exposure. The Nikon 2020 came out shortly afterwards.  I later sold the 5000 with a Sigma 75-300 and bought an 8000i.  The 8000i has a built-in deep red AF illuminator that works quite well. 

Loading a roll of HP5+ in the 8000i now.

IMG_1575.JPG

• Like 5

I had a few things I wanted to photograph this afternoon so I took an F2a and a 300 to the RC field and got some shots that autofocus has never been able to handle well. Then I got out an N90S with a very old Vivitar 80-200 and finished a roll of b&w I want to process. That Vivitar is remarkably sharp considering it’s a budget level unit from probably the 70’s. The funny part was going through two 12 exposure rolls of Kodacolor with an MD-2. Doesn’t take long. It reminded me of what first drew me into all this. 

Rick H.

• Like 3

Nice little Bellami, Gary. Have you come across the limited edition version, clad in red suede leather with a gold leaf decoration on  the barn doors of a horse pulling a carriage? Highly collectible and not cheap!

I've laid hands on a very tidy Pentacon Pentina that actually appears to be working, though the light meter is a little dodgy. Infamous for their unreliability, I like the unique design and sleek appearance. Fingers crossed...

1800630801_PentaconPentinaMcopy.thumb.jpg.1d2ff7b947ec80c0b268d7807b9bbe79.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Rick.  Yes, I've seen the fancy Bellami and would love to find one in good condition at a reasonable price.  However, if I had one, I'd probably be hesitant to use it.

That Pentina is a sharp looking camera and appears to be fully featured.  Looking forward to the results.

Nikon F with Nikkor-S Auto 50mm/1.4 and silver Nikkor L39 filter.

Loaded with HP5+ for the weekend.

I have always thought that a black rimmed filter on a silver nose lens looked a little odd.

I finally found an old "Nikkor L39" filter in silver. It looks cool - cosmetic I know - and there is obviously a reason why most filter rims are black.

Nikon F with Nikkor-S Auto 50mm/1.4 and silver Nikon L39

Edited by NHSN
  • Like 5
Niels

spacer.png

Filled up the roll in the Canonet over the weekend.
I picked this one up in a large lot from a friend a year ago. Hammered out the biggest dents in the top cover and resoldered a connection to the light meter cell.
Results were a little under exposed in my opinion, but not unusable.

Got a butt-end of the Agfa APX/APS/AVIPHOT/Whatever from the bulk loader in an Agfa Rapid cassette and loaded it in an Fujica Rapid D1. I fear it'll misfeed into the take-up cassette at some point, due to the very thin base material of the film.

fujica.jpg.7be031b02d521b6bf98e11df71e36796.jpg

Edited by Rick_van_Nooij
  • Like 7

The Rapid actually yielded results, the super thin film actually fed into the take-up cartridge. I got about 8 images out of the short-end. Only one is worth scanning from a quick glance.

Loaded up more Agfa film in my latest Contax II camera that I acquired just before new years.
spacer.png

It stopped raining long enough on Sunday morning for me to go out and shoot a bit. Walked around some apartment buildings there are being torn down in my neighborhood.

• Like 5

On 1/14/2023 at 12:28 PM, Julio Fernandez said:

A classy one this week…Zeiss Contessa, loaded with HP5+. 

spacer.png

Lovely camera, Julio.  I had a folding Contessa back in the '80s that I purchased at a yard sale.  It was small, solid, heavy and the meter worked.  My only complaint was that the viewfinder was too small for eyeglasses.  I eventually sold it .... don't know why.

• Like 1

I picked up a Minolta SRT 101 from a thrift shop today, it had the Rokkor 1.7 50mm lens on it, also included was an assortment of 4 Pentax PK lenses.

the whole thing cost me $9.99 

it was probably marked so cheap because the camera and Rokkor lens looked like someone found it in a septic system, gave it a few shakes and put a for sale sign on it.  but they cleaned up remarkably well. the mirror lockup gears needed a small drop of lube, but now it's working perfectly.

my original intent was to clean it, fix whatever was wrong and sell it and the lenses.  but after putting a roll of film thru it, I'm going to keep it for a while (or longer)  I like it as much (maybe more) as my Canon FTb QL.

srt101-1.jpg

srt101-2.jpg

• Like 6

A new to me Kiev with some lenses--the Helios 53 mm f/1.8 on the camera along with Jupiter 12 35 mm f/2.8, Jupiter 9 85 mm f/2 and Jupiter 11 135 mm f/4. Not shown:  a Zeiss universal finder for the 3 Jupiter lenses.1562706507_Kievlenses.thumb.jpg.3c3701d908f062b5a789d6b6b1656401.jpg

Edited by AJG
correction
  • Like 7

On 1/16/2023 at 6:32 PM, gary green said:

Lovely camera, Julio.  I had a folding Contessa back in the '80s that I purchased at a yard sale.  It was small, solid, heavy and the meter worked.  My only complaint was that the viewfinder was too small for eyeglasses.  I eventually sold it .... don't know why.

Same for me, although I do not use eyeglasses that viewfinder is far from ideal!