What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

On 3/12/2023 at 3:01 AM, Kent T said:

Where can I find a take up spool for my example easily. I'd like to run a roll of film through it. I love it quirks and all. Thanks! 

In a pinch you can use the spool taken from a standard 35mm cassette, though getting a 'proper' Contax/Kiev spool as AJG says is recommended.

Edited by Rick_van_Nooij

My weekend starts today.

I was given this OM-2n with a locked up mirror. I tried the usual things, battery, reset and switch to "B", but without luck. I opened the base plate but didn't do anything other than looking. When reassembled, everything seemingly worked! More luck than brains.

Testing with HP5+ and hope this lovely camera stays alive. Lens is one of the earlier 35mm 2.8 with silver rim - single coated if I understand correctly.

IMG_5741.thumb.JPG.9877cb2d24178e7b76786761d3a5e273.JPG

• Like 6
Niels

Another wet-day project, cleaning and servicing this Ricoh 500 with it's matching accessory meter, still working and accurate. While I've used its very similar but slightly more up-market sibling the Ricoh Five One Nine, I can't recall having used this camera.

Ricoh500copy.jpg.9ca385c0f8634041c06d51bf1b7bc57e.jpg

Edited by rick_drawbridge
  • Like 10

13 hours ago, gary green said:

@Niels - NHSN Hi Niels.  Does the self-timer lock up the mirror?  Just a guess as to the possible culprit.

Hey Gary. Good point, but no, the OM-2n mirror doesn't lock up when starting the selftimer - as on some cameras.
I think I was just lucky this time. It is not the first time I have succeeded "fixing" a camera by unscrewing some random base plate or equivalent.

So far this OM-2n is working great, fortunately.

Edited by Niels - NHSN
  • Like 3
Niels

On 3/16/2023 at 7:33 AM, Niels - NHSN said:

My weekend starts today.

I was given this OM-2n with a locked up mirror. I tried the usual things, battery, reset and switch to "B", but without luck. I opened the base plate but didn't do anything other than looking. When reassembled, everything seemingly worked! More luck than brains.

Testing with HP5+ and hope this lovely camera stays alive. Lens is one of the earlier 35mm 2.8 with silver rim - single coated if I understand correctly.

IMG_5741.thumb.JPG.9877cb2d24178e7b76786761d3a5e273.JPG

Hi Niels, nice OM-2N there. I owned a small OM system in the past, and always enjoyed not only their diminutive size but also the quality of lens oozing out of those little gems.

• Like 2

Just loaded my Contax IIa with Tri-X.  Shown with the camera are Nikkor 3.5 cm f/2.5, 5 cm f/1.4, 10.5 cm f/2.5 on the camera, 8.5 cm f/2 and 2.8 cm f/3.5 along with Nikon 3.5 - 13.5 cm finder, Zeiss 2.8 cm finder and Zeiss Ikophot meter (which is accurate).  The 8.5 and 10.5 are marked "C" on the lens barrel to compensate for the slight difference between Nikon and Contax focusing even though they share the same lens mount.

ContaxIIawNikkors.jpg.16da685c739d7a1fcf4d053d967b7ede.jpg

• Like 8

I picked up this Canon A-1 last week - bit of a flyer as I had no battery to test with, but the virtually as-new cosmetic condition seemed hopeful. It came with a 24 f2.8 and I don't have a 24 in FD mount so and a bag and flash. First roll on the go, HP5. Seems to work perfectly.

_ND33924.jpeg.25a58ec94ae69a9f465e88931b8b180c.jpeg

• Like 5

spacer.png
6 film holders loaded with expired Fomapan 200 and Ilford HP5+ for the weekend.

spacer.png
Got a roll of respooled Fomapan 100 in the Kodak Suprema

spacer.png
Got a couple of rolls of expired Agfa film ready to be fed through this wartime Leica IIIc for the weekend

And finally

haul2303.thumb.jpg.72756767a888d4aa15b0dcd4794331ce.jpg

There's another roll of expired Agfa in this Contax D that I picked up earlier in March, that I'm debating to bring along this weekend.
If there's still room in baggage.

• Like 9

The futuristic Fujipet must be the champion of ultralight weight camera, at only 263 grams including an empty plastic 120 spool! We will see if the plastic/glass 70mm f/11 lens can produce any images at all. :-)

On the other hand, my roll of Ilford Pan F+ from Agfa Isola looks extremely nice. Will submit to the weekly photo thread once it is dry and scanned.

Fujipet263gLarge.thumb.jpeg.55f490f07f2a94c472e82f85c96a6751.jpeg

• Like 7

Very envious of all the wonderful heavy metal here; The Leicas look lovely and  AJG's Contax with a great lens selection!! RvN's Speed Graphic, Leica and then the Contax D. 
Off subject the "D" doesn't have means to act on the later M42 lenses. Essentially one has use the very nice ZI spring loaded aperture lenses or a barrel lens which you will have to close down to expose.

• Like 1

Yeah, the later versions of this camera do have the automatic stop down feature. The Tessar on this Contax D does have the aperture pre-set ring to speed things up a little bit.

In the end the expired Macophot film in the Contax misbehaved and I only got about half a roll worth of images out of it.
The frame counter on the Suprema wasn't engaging properly so I had to use the red window and got 8 shots out of the respooled roll of Fomapan 100 instead of 12.
The Leica IIIc, with 35mm f/3.5 Elmar performed perfectly. It is my beloved go-to camera after all. 😉

I did not shoot any film with the Speed Graphic, though I was interviewed by a lady whose grandfather served with a US Army Service Company on Iwo Jima, post-war Japan and Honolulu. She is working on a project to reshoot some photos her grandfather took.

I roped myself into a bathroom remodel project in mid-February with a deadline to complete before family comes to visit on Easter so I haven't had much time to play.  However, I did manage to find this Kodak Duex at a local junk store and took some time to clean it up and modify it to accept a trimmed 120 spool.

It's about as simple a camera as you'll find ... even simpler than many box cameras.  Single aperture (f11 I think), single shutter speed plus bulb, fixed focus, periscopic doublet lens, and shoots 6x4.5 frames.

I shot a quick test roll a couple of weeks ago and just finished my 2nd roll yesterday.  I'll post some results in the weekly thread.

KodakDuexsmall.jpg.756a2ee85f5e9305c00b275ba92fe2a7.jpg

• Like 5

I want to test my recently acquired Summicron, either on my Leica M-E or on a IIIg.

Today I have a roll of film in the Akarelle I picked up last month. Probably won't get to shoot a lot until the weekend.
At least my agenda is empty for the first time in 6 weeks. As long as I can shake off this sore throat before then.

haul2303.thumb.jpg.6e1aeb9ec14f83e959ee6b8cf8ca1304.jpg

• Like 5

It's about as simple a camera as you'll find ... even simpler than many box cameras.  Single aperture (f11 I think), single shutter speed plus bulb, fixed focus, periscopic doublet lens, and shoots 6x4.5 frames.

Hi Gary

That looks very intersting and 16 frames is always a plus... looking forward to your post

Just now, chuck_foreman1 said:
On 4/5/2023 at 10:38 AM, Rick_van_Nooij said:

I want to test my recently acquired Summicron, either on my Leica M-E or on a IIIg.

Today I have a roll of film in the Akarelle I picked up last month. Probably won't get to shoot a lot until the weekend.
At least my agenda is empty for the first time in 6 weeks. As long as I can shake off this sore throat before then.

Hi Rick

Hope youR'äe feeling better.. weather has been mixed mess here ...I was shocked to see how many Leicas you have in the "show me"  post!!  Best to have a favorite 🙂