What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

I'm planning to use an old favorite, the Yashica 35. I've had several copies with uneconomical to repair problems, and got this one earlier this week which had a quirky shutter, some edge fungal etching on an inner lens element, and a weak rangefinder. Cleaned what I could, did a jerry rig to improve the rf patch, and ran a test roll of PX-125 this am. Sharp and contrasty negatives - just like I remember from years past.

image.jpeg.479536032c1ed4830f87f07e5e0f5fde.jpeg

• Like 9

The Argus 40 with Varex 75/4.5 lens is becoming another of my favorite box camera, along with Agfa Isola with the Agnar 75/6.3 lens. They are compact, simple to use, and produce images well exceeding any expectation from these toy like cameras.

Argus 40 is probably the "most advanced" in terms of box cameras, aperture control, several shutter speeds, and a film pressure plate. The only sin is that it uses 620 film. I wish its cousin Argus Super 75 can produce as good results: mine only have central portion of image sharp (probably due to lens alignment and/or film flatness issues).

argus40 Large.jpeg

• Like 9

I really like the ikoflex too, very much under appreciated. Nice bright screen compared to older Rolleicord, similar lens, and well built. I slightly prefer the later models where they have a shutter release at the lower right side for ergonomics reasons. 

I was gifted a DW-1 finder the other day. Not something that will see a lot of use i think, but I will give it a spin at the nearby botanical garden when the weekend arrives.

I imagine the intended use-case for this finder is macro from a low position? Or maybe candid chest shoots with a wide angle?
If you can't employ scale focus, then you certainly have to put your eye very close to focus accurately.

Camera is a very early F2 from the first year of production. Lens it the classic Micro-Nikkor-P Auto 55mm f/3.5. Film will probably be color; Ektar 100 or ImagePro 100 if the sun is out, otherwise Ultramax 400.

Nikon F2 w. DW-1 finder and Micro-Nikkor-P Auto 55mm f/3.5

IMG_7116.JPG.3887394f2207d675997d6d9483118088.JPG

• Like 3
Niels

The other French beauty, Semflex Oto B. This the almost fully automatic model with combined film advance and shutter cocking via crank. And this lady is in grey, a bit like the baby Rolleiflex and Flexaret. Photos from this camera will be in the June 16th weekly.

Semflex Oto B Large.jpeg

• Like 6

On 6/16/2023 at 2:54 AM, Mike Gammill said:

Neils- another use for the DW-1 is when the camera is attached to a refracting telescope it allows comfortable right angle view even when the telescope is aimed at overhead objects. 

Sounds brilliant. Have to find a refracting telescope to try it out then 😄 

Niels