Kodak DCS 760- Collectible or Trash?

<p>Most objects start off as items in current use, become obsolete and are often thrown away, then later become collectables. The value will depend on how many survive the throwing away process and how many people want to collect them. While they are obsolete and being trashed their value will be at a minimum and that is the time to buy. My guess is that is where the DCS 760 is now. Then wait another few decades for the price to maybe rise again.</p>

<p>Very doubtful it will be worth anything as a collectable. My first Kodak digital camera would be (DCS-1) but it's long gone. Only shot B&W tethered to a huge pack. Made pretty nice 8x10 prints on the Kodak XL-7700. If you want the 760 camera to use as a camera, your iPhone will create a larger file and probably a better one too. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Just a heads-up and word of caution, if you check propertyroom.com at resellerratings.com ...</p>

<p><a href="http://www.resellerratings.com/store/PropertyRoom">http://www.resellerratings.com/store/PropertyRoom</a></p>

<p>They presently seem to have an abysmal rating of 1.26/10 based on 25 reviews. That's actually lower than the crappiest of camera stores in NYC (1.34 rating). That alone would give me pause to think about using them.</p>

<p>Just my 2 cents,</p>

<p>Jim M.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I doubt it will be worth anything either. You can get a Minolta Maxxumm 7000(worlds first AF camera) for about $25 on eBay.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Not to be a smart *** but wasn't the first available to the public autofocus camera the Polaroid Sonar Sx 70?</p>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<p>I have bid on some DCS series, maybe 6xx series, but not won yet.</p>

<p>I suspect that they will be collectible, but not super valuable. Maybe more like Canon than Leica. They do have the advantage of using F mount lenses, for those who might actually use one.</p>

-- glen