Do you always have a camera with you when you leave the house?

david_kaye

For me, the answer is always yes. I never leave home without an iPhone, but that is for personal security, not photography. I also

always carry something like my Canon ELPH 330. It has a 34-240mm lens, costs $200, and is smaller than a deck of playing cards.

Recently, I am making a conscious effort to have one two film cameras along.

It is still easy and cheap to get film developed here in the Seattle area, and Kenmore Camera is the largest shop on the west coast, and

has an impressive stock used gear. They give a 10 day buyers remorse period, where a camera can be returned, no questions asked.

I have only used this period once, when I returned a Nikon D80, but I upgraded to a D200, that is an infrared camera.

For film SLRS, I concentrate on Nikons, because 60 year old lenses are still useful.

Peace be with you.

<p>Yes. I often carry a Canon SX20 with my on my travels as it is a very versatile camera. It has come in handy a couple of times. The most notable was when I came across a Cooper's Hawk in a vestibule while making my deliveries. I don't think I've ever loaded a camera with ASA 1600 film, but I was able to dial it up as the light was dim. When I do have a film in one of my more vintage cameras, then I take the film camera</p><div>00bymv-542405784.jpg.4d3483777b46ca326fa3f275ef2962f0.jpg</div>

<p>Only if I think I might take some photos. Most of the time a camera would be a bad idea for me. Such as at work where I am not allowed to take pictures. When cycling I do not carry a camera as it would get in my way. I do not stop when riding anyway and eventually the camera would suffer bouncing around in a bag. Taking a camera when playing golf is a bad idea as your mind needs to be on the game and carrying a golf bag and a camera bag would be to hard for me anyway. Anyway I do not carry a camera unless I think I will be taking some photos.</p>

<p>Most of the time, yes. I keep a small, older (circa 2006) digital point and shoot in my work bag. But I also keep a DSLR at work during the week and head out walking during lunch. I almost never use my cellphone camera (as it's a 4-year-old dumb-phone ). My wife carries a rugged point and shoot in her bag as well (for snapshots of the kids) so a camera is always close.</p>

<p>I usually keep something fairly small but not usually too compact in the car during the non-winter months. Something that won't be too serious if stolen. That makes it more likely to bring more than a phone camera when on foot at the destination and handy when seeing something while driving worthy of stopping for. I have a small tripod stowed as well. Winter cold is too brutal to leave something there all the time. Its more of an ad hoc basis for me to have something then. Usually its planned that I won't have to store anything in the vehicle.</p>

<p>I have taken a daily hour walk for a few years. I have a bunch of film cameras, and I always carried one with me. I carry a full film kit in the car "just in case." I do not use a cell phone. A couple of years ago I bought an <em>HTC Incredible</em> phone suggested by Gordon Lewis of <em>Shutterfinger,</em> simply because of its camera and to have a phone for emergencies (prompted by my failure to find a public phone anymore). I now carry the phone with me everywhere, all the time.</p>

<p>I used to always find photo subjects on the walk; I shot a lot of film though not well. I now never find photo subjects on the walk. The only time I shoot film or anything else is when I plan to and do it on purpose.</p>

<p>I am puzzled; what's up with that.</p>