"Organic" as a lens quality?

<p>Maybe they're referring to the coatings in the lens that trip up the AWB metering to render images with a green bias.</p>

<p>I've read online discussions comparing one camera's rendering over another with sample comparisons of daylight scenes where every one chose the greener color cast rendering as looking "more natural".</p>

<p>I had to say to myself there is no way daylight looks that green and I had to seriously doubt these folk's ability to properly judge color or what they term as "natural" looking.</p>

<p>13 replies, none of which addresses the OP's question, all of which are total BS! Is this a record?<br>

In my view, "organic" is a rather pretentious synonym for "natural". The OP's bio page shows him holding a classic Rolleiflex, quite possibly fitted with a Planar lens. It is this kind of high-quality moderate-contrast single-coated lens which people may well be thinking of as giving organic/natural-looking results.</p>

<p>See "rendering" or Zeiss "microcontrast". I think people don't really know what these terms mean when they say these things because usually they are wholly subjective. In this context it means the lens is somehow "great" and "special" because it takes nice pics and different (aka better) than whatever lens you are using.</p>
Robin Smith

<blockquote>

<p>13 replies, none of which addresses the OP's question, all of which are total BS! Is this a record?<br /> In my view, "organic" is a rather pretentious synonym for "natural". The OP's bio page shows him holding a classic Rolleiflex, quite possibly fitted with a Planar lens. It is this kind of high-quality moderate-contrast single-coated lens which people may well be thinking of as giving organic/natural-looking results.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>OK, so what does "natural" mean?</p>

One of these days I expect our equipment boxes will read pesticide free, no GMOs, no preservatives, lactose free, what else......in small print " Made in China where products containing lychee nuts may be made" hah hah....what a gas. Of course I still want a bumper sticker for my VW announcing 'Olympus On Board.' Or Bored.

One old Canon FD lens had a radioactive element in the glass melt. How would that be described I wonder.