365 Day Thread for 2023

52 minutes ago, Bettendorf said:

Great photo!  Like you were there in 1916.

But... I searched all of Boyertown's website and didn't see a word about 'Argus Day'.  :classic_smile:

Thanks! That site was a former Reading Railroad freight depot and small yard. In the last half dozen(?) years the branch line has become the Colebrookdale Railroad which runs  some tourist rides between there and Pottstown, as well as a small bit of freight traffic. The station and some ancillary structures are newly built to look old. It's about 15 miles or so from me and I check it out now and then.

Argus Day is an Internet organized, potentially global, event started by the Argus Collectors Group. I just happened to pick Boyertown and that tourist railroad for my own interest. Argus Day started in 2001, on August 1st. The use of August leads to some silliness about it being Argust 22nd, Argust 23rd, etc. The date moves up one day each year. Haven't heard the plan for going past the 31st, but given the age of many ACG folks (including me!) it may not matter. My C-3 and the results from Argus Days beginning in 2006 to the present may be seen in my PBase galleries.

Edited by dave_thomas8