How to make photos look like they are from 80s or 90s?

Saraa

Hello everyone,

I am new here, due to the fact that I created an account only to find something to have a meaningful answer to what is in the title of the title.

At the outset, it should be said that I am no expert in photography, cameras and camcorders.

I have no specific knowledge, only weights. I know something, but not really, so I apologize for all the mistakes and stupid things that I will write ...

Mainly I mean it contains ten specific 'old photo' effects from the 80's or 90's.

I have already met with the fact that programs and program programs to download information, that I did it every time, noticeably trash and artificiality in this program. There is no truth here ...

But it may be a skill or a skill of these programs (maybe use something weak)

Another way that I found on some forum is to be buying a camera / camcorder from those years.

I don't know what it looks like in practice, but I managed to sell something. In the tests there were some body from nikon catalog cameras (eg F50 or F55). But it's without lenses and I don't know if it makes sense?

I also found some old cameras, probably digital (coolprix) at an affordable price.

In that place, as we see that we are watching the forum, that we will appear, that it will play this way, that the film is 35mm and you will get a vase with a UV filter, somehow some method and method.

I have no idea if I got it right, but I didn't fly too far better.

Now, what do you think about all this? Do you have your own methods or the ones I wrote that you consider to be the best choice?

Let anyone who wants to write ... It doesn't even have to be a specific answer. What do you know in writing;)

Web result with site links

h280_221356.jpg

Couples in the 1980s (3).jpg

best-80s-movies-index-1616632298.jpg

Lightroom and other software have film profiles that, particularly with color, may help you to emulate film from the 80s etc, such as Kodachrome. You can also mimic light leaks and other issues. Black and white film emulations are found too, although these I find may be a bit too subtle to come over on the web. Of course you can't emulate the past really unless you have solid clues that say it to the observer, such as old cars, fashions, objects from the period etc etc.

• Like 1
Robin Smith

On 10/24/2022 at 11:47 AM, Saraa said:

In that place, as we see that we are watching the forum, that we will appear, that it will play this way, that the film is 35mm and you will get a vase with a UV filter, somehow some method and method.

Are AI 'bots posting questions to this forum now? 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 11:47 AM, Saraa said:

Another way that I found on some forum is to be buying a camera / camcorder from those years.

No. The look is in the subject, not the medium. Very difficult to recreate unless you're on a film set and have a huge budget. Maybe it can be done in a limited way for a fashion shoot or studio portrait. 

All other effects can be added digitally, since that's the way that most images get distributed these days. I mean, what's the point of shooting film or videotape, only to end up scanning or otherwise digitising it?

Edited by rodeo_joe1
  • Like 1

If you want to make it look 70’s and 80’s, shoot it the way we did then. Round up an old useable film camera, a Nikon or Canon, Olympus and others. Decent gear can be found all over the place inexpensively. Load it with some color film, Kodacolor, Fuji and so on or some b&w like TMax, HP-5, Kentmere, whatever. Use filters as we did at the time, soft focus or other effects, different color filters for effects on b&w tones/highlights. Find someone with darkroom skills for b&w, getting color lab work is pretty easy. Do a little research on how these things work and burn some film, experiment a bit. As for hair and clothing styles, well, what can I say, it was the 80’s. Don’t involve a computer at all until you are ready to scan a finished product to post online. Above all, have fun with it.

Rick H.

You can do it digitally, just do some research on the shooting and processing.  The main thing is matching cloths, hairstyle and also t5he accouterments in the shop.  A lot of pros that do this sort of thing on assignment get very detailed, down to things like table cloths, salt shakers and silverware as well as the backgrounds, including the cars.

I would start with the lenses. Legacy lenses were optimized differently then the ones we have today(less clinical), you can always add grain later. I have gotten great results from the old Pentax/Takumar lenses. The Bokeh on those lenses is just diffeent. Almost cinematic.