Your favorite Leica and Lens for actually making pictures.

Troll

<p>My favorite is a Leica CL with the 40mm Summicron-C.<br>

I also usually carry the tiny little f:2.8 90mm Tele-Elmarit-M, but would like to have an Elmar-C so I could interchange the filters (Series 5.5).<br>

I had DAG blank out the 50mm bright-lines in the finder, which I find cluttered and confusing. My only real complaint is the way it hangs vertically rather than the usual horizontally -- slows down using it for semi-grab shots.</p>

<p>I sold my M4 so now it is the M2 with a 50mm f/3.5 red scale Elmar. When I want variety, I also carry a 90 Elmar, a 35 VC or a 135 Canon. Although I still have my Visoflex, I'm very rarely using it right now.</p>

<p>I really liked my M2-p but needed a built in meter, I after a conversation with Stephen Gandy I decided it would make more sense to get a Bessa R2 than an M5. So what I enjoy most is the R2 and a 40mm CL lens, using the 35mm frame lines.</p>

<p>Easy - on a Barnack Leica (III) a coated Elmar 5cm f3.5, while on an M2 / M4 Leica the last Summaron 35mm f2.8 is top. On a Leica R the Summicron 90mm f2 is top by a whisker for me, with the Summicron 50mm f2 in second place. Out of all those the ultimate winner for me is the 90mm f2; it hasn't been off my SL2 for almost a year now.</p>

<p><em>...for actually making pictures</em><br>

Just made me smile - buying a camera for actually not making pictures is probably something I'll never quite get. I only have one Leica camera (R6), and for now only one lens for it (60mm macro), so the answers are very simple. I foresee another favourite lens quite soon, though (35mm summicron should arrive somewhere soon).</p>

<p>There are three favorite bodies in constant use wit three favorite optics: The M9 and M4-P with either the 35mm ASPH f2 Summicron, the 50mm recent collapsible f2.8 lens or the 21mm ASPH f2.8 Elmarit. The M8 is used mostly with the 35mm f2.5 classic V-C lens which suits well the times I use the M8 in I-R mode as the V-C lens is a simple design that bends IR radiation particularly well, but also is used for color or normal b/w with the 21mm lens (effectively a 28mm). I love my nearly pocketable retro black paint IIIc/f with the same V-C lens and 35mm bright line V-C VF, but it doesn't get the same use as the others and I may end up selling it if I don't use it more.</p>

<p>I cannot live with the Leica and not also use a "Texas-Leica" (Fujifilm GSW 690III) for film, traditional darkroom photography and large b/w prints that my film Leicas can only pretend to yield.</p>

<p>M8.2 and a 35mm f1.4 Summilux asph here. The M8.2 bought new in 2008 is now showing enough brass that everybody just assumes it's a film camera. Ha. It's always with me. Since buying it in 2008 I've done a picture-a-day project. A picture every day since then. At least one a day, usually a lot more. I couldn't have done that with a film camera. My five film cameras, btw, are stored. Two M2's, a black chrome M4, M6 and M6TTL. 35mm lens is main workhorse with 21, 28 & 50 ready to fill-in. The 90? Almost never. Good shooting out there everybody.</p>

I have not had such pleasure as when I took hundreds and hundreds of pictures with my Leica III fitted with the 50mm Summar. When I bought it in 1981 from the original owner it was absolutely mint and was boxed and in the original tissue paper. Since then I have had all models with the R4s being a favourite as also the M6. Now I have a Leica C 112 which is an incredible camera but I just don't get as much pleasure taking digital pictures. To me digital cameras are not really photography.