APPS which ones do you use ?

<p>There are so many APPS coming out these days to help photographers solve some complex issues. There is an APP that can help you take pictures of lightning storms, something that until now required complex equipment. There are APPs that can help photographers do time interval photography and it only costs 20 bucks. The only problem is that you need an iPhone and some cables.<br>

Pretty soon they might have an APP that can wirelessly transmitt your DSLR photos if it's not already out. You never know maybe the iPhone might soon replace your expensive DSLR. How many of you use his stuff or think it's helpful. </p>

<p>It's both helpful and harmful, like most technologies. It'd be more appealing to me if there were an android/iOS wifi p&s camera. And I'm not too sure about the inexperienced/younger comment. I see many older folks browsing tablet computers at Bestbuy recently and numbers of younger photog interested in leicas M and other film cameras over the past few years...</p>

>>> APPS which ones do you use ?

Apps I've used: ProCamera, Snapseed, Plastic Bullet, Camera+, Hipstamatic, PhotoSync, Instagram, Photogene

>>> You never know maybe the iPhone might soon replace your expensive DSLR.

Yup...

www.citysnaps.net

<p>Modern apps for iOS and Android evolved from the early Palm and PocketPC era. It all began when a portable gadget gained more hardware capability than an organizer/calendar/translator called for. </p>

<p>Microsoft wants to change that with their new tablet designed to run Windows 8. It will have desktop/laptop/notebook/ultrabook capability in tablet form with a full keyboard allowing even more capability in a portable platform. </p>

<p>The sophistication of apps will only increase with incrementally better hardware, but they are only useful if you can find a use for them. </p>

<p>The App I use the most on the iPhone is 'Stopwatch' for bulb mode - works in the dark. Otherwise I use the ephemeris, shralp tide tables and weather. I also have snapseed but so far have never used it. I also used Flashlight once.</p>

<p>Photographers Ephemeris is a very nice tool. We also use google maps on the iPad a lot when we are out in the field for the satellite photos of a location - it can save you a lot of rambling around. On the iPhone I've used hipstamatic (kind of meehh) camera+ (which is kind of cool) and flixel, which is interesting for about 10 minutes and then becomes a lot of sameness.</p>