Canon Thursday Photo 2012: #11

nathangardner

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>first thunderstorm of the year woke me up at 5am this morning so i thought i'd go out chasing some lightning.....before getting in the car i put the camera on the tripod and was dialing in some settings when this jolt hit a little close to home....had to go back in the house and change my underwear....lol<br>

Horse- nice processing on that chevy<br>

Rick- i like that icy window<br>

Andy- excellent duck shot<br>

Mark- nice miniature effect</p><div>00a905-450449684.jpg.4174da811bc0bac31f81a46f87133cd9.jpg</div>

<p>I saw the specs on the new Canon 5Dmkiii, so for once instead of buying the old version just before the new one came out, I bought the old version just <em>after</em> the new one was announced. I think the new one looks swell, but the old one will meet my personal needs very well indeed, and they did drop the price a bit. Besides, my daughter has been after me to give her the 5D mk i.</p>

<p>Here's one of my first efforts at 25,600 ISO (H2). The room was lit by a single fluorescent 60 watt equivalent in the PH5 lamp. Noise reduction was off, but a little work was done in PS on it. I think this is probably enough ISO expansion for an old user of GAF 500 slide film.</p><div>00a916-450467584.JPG.5b0c4286fa4cfd5acf182d1db976953b.JPG</div>

<p>In honor of Pi Day yesterday:<br /> Photo from the Pi Bar on Valencia St., SF. Place was packed as all draught pints were a mere $3.14 each. <strong><em>CHEERS</em></strong>! Hope you celebrated like Albert Einstein too.<br /> <em>Photo: 7D, 24mm, ISO 800, 6 secs. at f/16, 3/14/2012.</em><br>

<em>(so many good photos here... but Damn - Dan<strong> Ferrin</strong> - you nailed it - bird & truck.... wow)</em></p><div>00a97Z-450547684.jpg.9b7eab3baaba140a7e0228d413b5be7c.jpg</div>