ADMIN: Guidelines for Adhering to Topic

Tony Rowlett

<b>QUOTE:</b> Eric ~ , mar 01, 2005; 01:02 a.m.:</b><br>

"5) cropping your original framing to 5% of the original"</b>

<br>

<b><i>You see Vuk, it's this senseless dribble that does no good. Just posting a negative comment for no reason at all.</i></b>

<br><br>

on the record: eric thinks cropping to 5% of original is valid photgraphic technique. kinda makes the case for hair-shirt leica standards. i am accused of "negative comment for no reason" for disagreeing with absurdity.

<br><br>

vuk

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vuk, your attempt at street photography was just awesome I

must say. Brought me to tears, those guys leaning out looking

into the darkness. How profound it was, an earth shattering

moment for me; it's been burned into my consciousness from

the first moment I saw it.

ray.

<br><br>

my apologies. had another look and realised i missed the link to your home-page and assumed falsely...

<br><br>

you have some excellent pictures and your street stuff is definitely way above my street stuff. not being sarcastic, i really mean it.

<br><br>

cheers,<br>

vuk.

<br><br>

p.s. i am not defending all leica users (or rather, owners), just the point of a <b>leica</b> forum. even thought you hate it, there is a point.

"you have some excellent pictures and your street stuff is definitely way above my street stuff."

And if Ray wasn't better than yours Vuk? You'd carry on being terd? The judgment of ones photos against yours, and the immediate assumption that they are not, is no reason to be an insulting pain in the butt.

eric.

<br><br>

that last post makes it quite clear you are merely trying to stir up trouble.

<br><br>

maybe it's best to be modest. i obviously have a lot to learn about street photography; for you, getting the initial framing right seems to be a challenge. no need to get nasty about these things. even helmut newton could learn a lesson or two from some of us.

<br><br>

vuk.

ray.

<br><br>

i also wasn't being disingenuous about the portrait (mom-pic). it is quite good and only a merely inches away from being brilliant. wording of that last post to you needs much more reworking (an unfortunate side-effect was opening the door for the ny-gy-sy-boys).

<br><br>

vuk.

why not have a new <b>temporary</b> forum called <b>Slugfest</b>?

<p>it would primarily be for Film vs Digital or Digital vs Film rants but could cover some of the sparring we are seeing here now.

<p>the only <b>catch</b> would be that to comment and participate, one would need to adopt a new and <b>demeaning</b> pseudonym just for that forum. something along the lines of "fluffy" "bozo" or "weenie." that way things would be kept in perspective.

<p> just a thought (~_-)