ADMIN: Guidelines for Adhering to Topic

Tony Rowlett

"Those who are more into equipment ownership and Al worship stay here. Others, who are more into shooting and crafting photographs, know where to go. Easy and everyone is happy."

These sorts of reductive and silly statements serve nothing but the ego of the writer.

I'd be happy if we kept the variety of the forum, but with more tolerance and less abuse. No one has to read equipment posts, nor do they have to read Al's posts and they certainly don't have to react to them with invective. Yet, they are available for those that do want to read them and get into dialogue.

Peter A, you're one of the few people I remember posting pictures of his new equipment - Contax 645 and lenses, Leica R and lenses and a big red car if I remember rightly. Wouldn't you say this was a bit beside the point of photography?

As Rob says there's often hero worship on these forums and on this one, some seem to have focused on Al and his T-shirts and some on Grant. I don't much care for heros myself, but I do appreciate friendliness and civility.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robert said: "These sorts of reductive and silly statements serve nothing but the ego of the

writer."

It's not a silly statement nor is it reductive - just a solution to a problem, which is working

out very nice, BTW. Surely, Robert, you must have something better to do than track me

down on everything I post.

www.citysnaps.net

"I'd be happy if we kept the variety of the forum, but with more tolerance and less abuse. No one has to read equipment posts, nor do they have to read Al's posts and they certainly don't have to react to them with invective. Yet, they are available for those that do want to read them and get into dialogue."

Exactly. Room for everyone. We all have mouses and scroll bars.

But a bit late and the momentum is going great so far over in the S&D. Please join in everyone...Leave past indifferences at the door and have a fresh start.

Sorry Peter if I confused the car with the motorbike. I simply wanted to point out that most of us can go off the subject of photography sometimes. It seems ok to me. This forum used to regularly go off into all sorts of political tangents until it was tidied up. That was also ok. The worse thing I find is mean-spirited unfriendliness and mobbing of individuals.

Hear, hear!

I first checked into this forum when it had but two posts. Tony Rowlett had created it, and in the course of the following year, moderated it to the point where it had become far and away, the best Leica forum on the internet.

Let's help him and the forum get back to that state.