• 5 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 2 replies
  2. Hassy lens problem

• 2 replies
    • 6 replies

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• The only reference I can find says that Samigon was an American importer's brand name of lenses and accessories rather than a manufacturer. Similar in principle to Soligor and Vivitar, or to Dixons brand name Prinz in the UK.  So the lens could have been by any maker, in any mount. Yes, a picture will help.
    • Hi Gary,   Thanks for the link to your earlier post .. I'd forgotten how you resolved. "Flocking" problems like this are irritating 🙂  From Gary Green: My solution was to insert a baffle into the light chamber to attempt to prevent or minimize the light striking this flat portion of the light chamber perimeter at a shallow angle. My choice of baffle was a thin layer of black felt material (non shedding) that I adhered to the light chamber walls just to the inside edge of the flat perimeter close enough to cast a shadow on the flat perimeter but not close enough to the film plane to fuzz up the edges. So far so good; my early results have been promising. My first roll of film since installing the baffle had no frames with the “light leak” issue which is significant because I don’t believe any previous rolls shot through this camera didn’t have at least one frame affected. With this issue hopefully fixed, the honeymoon is back on. I apparently wasn'T as chic in keeping it out of the film plane. I will of course not have to test my latest attempt... but not close enough to the film plane to fuzz up the edges." Seems I "flocked" that up 🙂 If I get back to my Argus 40, I will do this too. My attempt to replace the hinged back..was not very fruitful. Some "self inflicted" problems...you have to live with! Thanks for the reply!!