• 2 replies
  6. unified forum view

• 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• Or affordable rent as I like to call them.
    • Just looked at your second set. I would be proud of these, I particularly like the kid on his bike. You have done well to blur the backgrounds to make the subject stand out, OK the larger apertures needing critical focusing have caused a small amount of unsharpness in some shots but so what? You have captured the moment nicely. And the lighting on these is much kinder and well controlled.
    • I wonder how long it will take before Nikon makes a dedicated flash for their mirrorless cameras - or rather; one with a focus light the Z series can use? I use both an SB-400, SB-700 and SB-5000, but on my Z6ii so not exactly directly applicable for OP @Hemant Deshmukh. Like you, I don't use much flash and found the SB-400 perfectly fine and portable for my needs. It broke and I purchased a SB-700 second-hand for very little (maybe around €100) and is was more than enough flash for me. It has sufficient power to bounce off the ceiling in all the situations I have needed it. One may find it a bit crippled as you can only control it from the flash itself - it is obviously not made for the Z series. I got the SB-5000 as a generous free gift from a friend changing system. It is advanced, powerful and can be controlled by the display on the camera, but I would never buy it at list price - not that it isn't worth it - the serious flash user will probably have a different opinion - it is just much more than I need. It does have some remote trigger functions I now use for some tabletop photography (as described in this thread) and I have also used this on a few assignments. Other that, it rarely leaves the house. As-a-matter-of-fact; I missed and repurchased the SB-400 and have it permanently in my bag. If you haven't already, you should probably take a look at Thom Hogan's Nikon Z flash page: https://www.zsystemuser.com/accessories/z-accessories/nikon-flash-for-z-cameras.html 
    • Hummm, so the Z8 and Z9 can't have that option due to a hardware limitation?