Cleaning computer screen

Tony Parsons

Usually I try a damp rag or paper towel, not so damp as to leak around the screen.

I suspect water is good for bird droppings.  Window cleaner might be good, too.

I believe that the usual isopropanol or ethanol won't damage the screen.

For getting sticky things off, like price tag adhesive, I have found citrus oil works well, and doesn't damage plastic.

-- glen

Thanks for the suggestions - believe it or not, Lidl's moist toilet tissue did the job, softening the dried material and removing the streaks !  The little beggar must have come right in the window and perched on the edge of the screen before panicking and reducing weight prior to take off.

Edited by Tony Parsons
Added unnecessary detail
  • Like 3

On 7/19/2023 at 11:11 PM, Tony Parsons said:

(Blue Tits - don't ask)

Love those little guys.

They are the only birds brave enough to eat from my 7th floor window feeding board (I prefer that to feeding them from my keyboard 😉).

Never succeeded in taking a worthwhile photo of them, though.

• Like 1
Niels

Not the first time I have been visited by them - I'm not sure if they are brave or just plain stoopid ! I have a bird feeder right outside my window, through which I am clearly visible - so far, I have had Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Robins, one Marsh Tit, a frustrated Magpie and a Sparrowhawk visiting (the latter looking for a feathered meal.)

My bedroom window is also open, and even without the benefit of a feeder Blue Tits pop in there to awaken me of a morning. Blackbirds have also panicked when on the feeder on my lounge window (other side of the flat), bounce off the open window there into the room, panic further and depart in haste. I am under a mile from the centre of Norwich, in an angle between two major routes out of the city. I'm amazed at the birdlife to be seen locally.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...