Beseler Dichro 45 color head

Good morning! I have an older Beseler Dichro 45 computerized color head. It seems to be working fine but the digital readout for each color does not work quite as well as I think it should. I've never used one of these before. When I turn the dials the color of the light changes but since the accurate readout is probably not correct, I think I can't be certain of the actual color of the light. I do not do color printing, only black and white. Does anyone have any ideas on testing the actual color of the light? I have them all visually zeroed out, as now the light is white. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I've never used a diffuser head like this before.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

As BeBu says, why do you think it`s incorrect?

Anyway... think that it doesn`t matter at all, as soon as you can achieve different contrast grades with it.

Think that with a split printing technique, you only need two filters to expose the sensitised parts of the emulsion; yellow and magenta (something like 200Y and 200M, although it will depend on the enlarger).

Midway filter settings just give you intermediate contrast levels, but here you need to have a bit of control to achieve perfectly linear results.

So don`t worry so much. Just print your negatives and check results!

Edited by jose_angel
  • Like 1