Where are you calling from.... please sign in.

sandy.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

csab', thanks for signing in. I hope you'll find all that information above useful for communicating off-line. I have a few very good friends in the Netherlands ( we called it the Neverlands ! a joke amongst ourselves)

You are, by the way, the 167th person to signs in. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

From Hampshire on the South coast of England (UK)

Father of two, philosopher, poet and Cornish Pasty chef extraordinaire! Black belt in Lego.

43 years of age, 6' 1" in height, hair mostly present.

I love old Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger films and

my favourite photographers are Bill Brandt & James Ravilious

and some others.

My favourite colour is blue and I am left handed and Scorpio.

I am a keen amateur with 2 successful exhibitions (so far) in last 2 years.

I am a Contax user and believe Leica lenses are nowt but 'knock offs' of original Zeiss designs ("lynch him!" they cry ) but I am keen to own some Leica M (or screw) mount glass very soon too see what all the bl**dy fuss is about.

My favourite Leica Forum photographer is Tony Brookes because he is English and old and I like his Summar pics enormously.

A great thread!Ilive in Fountain Hills, Arizona - near Phoenix. I'm long retired (78) and have been taking photography seriously only in the past three years, mostly 4x5 in association with a very popular large-format class at a local college. The instructor is also a Leica enthusiast! But I have on order an M6 and a new M7, a 75 lux and an f:2 35 cron. I enjoy using my darkroom, though I do dabble in digital. I've met numerous photography people here through the class (I've been attending it for over three years, but some have been attending it for over six years. Something new every class!)I am a retired nuclear development administrator, single, but with six great children and their families(from former marriage!), very healthy except for my dang knees, which should be replaced! I look forward to sharing my shots when I get my Leicas.

J. Jason Lee: Originally hail from Conway, SC bedroom

community to Myrtle Beach, the "Redneck Riveria." 28 years old.

Citadel Military College Graduate c/o '96. Former Realtor now

pursuing a career in Photojournalism. By Sandy's definition I'm a

"professional" WHOOPEE! Some freelance for local papers,

weddings, corporate... Just finished first year at Western

Kentucky University in Bowling Green, KY. I discovered where I

needed to be about the same time I discovered the right camera

for my needs. M6 & 35 'Cron for the last 18 months.

Ross M,

Yes, I am compiling all these information into something readable and printable. It will be available only to those who have signed in. However, if you would like to help or have better ideas, I am all ears! My problem is this has to be refreshed/updated from time to time.