Can’t access or see my photos

Kamala

7 minutes ago, Chakravarthy said:

Thanks much! Hope this new website upgrade will be better than the previous. I am nervous right now…

I hope so too 😃.

However, migration projects tend to be a little messy until things are cleaned up and adjusted - and we users are often also a little confused and need getting accustomed to the new interface - at least I am.

Edited by NHSN
Niels

This seems to be like a “zeta” version:, not beta :-)). my experience with upgrades is that they release when most things are working with few bugs that needs fixing… not sure about this one. Hoping for the best as well

Rangefinderforum.com upgraded some months ago, and it took at least a month or so for the dust to settle. It is worth noting that while Rangefinderforum was an upgrade to a newer version, Photo.net is a cross platform migration and is likely more complex.

Online forum's heydays are past us (unfortunately) so the business case for doing this migration is probably weak, meaning that it is unlikely funded/manned as it would have been in a corporate context where there would be healthy profitability at the end of the project.

Just my speculations.

• Like 1
Niels

1 hour ago, Chakravarthy said:

Hope this new website upgrade will be better than the previous.

It already is. The last revision several years ago was an utter disaster for weeks. This time, we've been told the galleries would take longer to migrate. Things are functioning well for most of us so far, with some obvious exceptions and problems. It's now been up for about 48 hours. Patience is a virtue. Good luck.

"You talkin' to me?"

My first reaction to the new site was pure bafflement, but after a couple of days and a few postings things became much clearer to me and I suspect that using it will soon become second nature. It does look better, and is certainly quicker, than the previous incarnation.

Thanks Sandy;. They are there.  A little opaque finding them but once you know how it works fine.  One thing that seems weird is when you open a file and then use the right or left arrows it often pulls up  a pic from someones else's stream which means if you want to go through your own stream, you have to open and close each pic individually.  Do we know if that's a feature or a bug?