LCD Digital Microscope...

Has anybody tried one of these new gadgets "LCD Digital Microscope" such as: Amazon.com : lcd digital microscope .

Mine came in the mail yesterday. I was a little quirky trying to set it up but it took me no more than 10 minutes to do it. You can even take Photos and Videos with it ! Perfect for Coin Collectors like myself. Surprisingly, the images are pretty detailed and clear on the monitor. I haven't tried the camera or video functions yet...

Thanks for sharing, I wasn't aware of that product category. But also "No thanks". The bike and myself are no pack mules. If I wanted to see small stuff, I 'd pack some 10x achromatic linnen tester. If I wanted coin on screen, I 'd sweep a PC together and tether a beater MILC to it or find some use for my old DSLRs & their macro lenses + the big copy stand.

Clarification: The toys on Amazon are surely great, if they 'll do the job for an empty handed guy. But their screens seem too tiny for my liking. (Nothing below 10" 1080p for semi serious work, please.)

I have something similar to this :

Amazon.com

I collect stamps, and it is great for detecting the myriad flaws that occur on issues as far back as 1840. Using the camera function, these can be recorded and images added to a database of one's collection, so that one's grieving nearest and dearest can get a fair price when one finally gets 'Returned to Sender' !

These things come in a wide range of qualities. If good ones, they are great tools for anyone using microscopes. For photomicrography, they may not be the best choice, depending on how much you can spend.

I confused these thingies with the CCD-cameras that are inserted in the eyepiece tube of real microscopes. Apologies.