Nikon D850, New $2500 [Sale Ended]

ShunCheung

So can you deduct sales tax from your, err, federal taxes.... assuming it's purchased as a business 'tool'

Humm, do all States have the same Income Tax?

Of course not and some states doesn't have income tax but a larger sales tax. I guess no income tax but high sales tax was intended to cure GAS.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taxes do pay for infrastructure, schools, health care, security etc. and for the salaries of those who work in the public sector. Different countries have different systems on how much service is provided by the public sector and how the taxes are collected. While it makes sense for an individual to try to optimize what they have to pay, paying a bit more tax isn't all that bad - you do get some services in return for that money and the money also helps other people in your region so you can feel good about paying it.
  • Like 2

At calumetphoto de, D850 is 2279.01 €. 24-70/2.8 Z S is 1749 €. D780 is 1749 €. These are really low prices.

Nikon Winter-Sofortrabatt - Calumet Photographic

I even have to wonder if the offer is legitimate given how low the prices are compared to e.g. Nikon store.

. 2

The Nikon prices varies a lot from country to country. 7 weeks after release of the D850 I got it for usd 2,400 and several month ago I got the new 24-70mm f/2.8 E VR for the same discounted price available now. I had a accident with the D850 and had it repair by the authorized Nikon store without any issue.

Taxes do pay for infrastructure, schools, health care, security etc. and for the salaries of those who work in the public sector. Different countries have different systems on how much service is provided by the public sector and how the taxes are collected. While it makes sense for an individual to try to optimize what they have to pay, paying a bit more tax isn't all that bad - you do get some services in return for that money and the money also helps other people in your region so you can feel good about paying it.

As Henny Youngman once quipped, "I'm proud to be an American and pay my taxes...But I could be just as proud to pay half the taxes."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...