Bug Reports Part 1: the list (expanded version)

Leslie Reid

will not load any further than one particular image

If it's loading up to a particular image and not beyond that, try scrolling down to the bottom of the loaded images and click on the orange bar that says "Load more images." You should be able to page through the entire set that way, and once you've done it for the whole set, you should be able to scroll through the whole set without paging through. Please let me know if that doesn't work so I can figure out if there's something else going on.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've copied Paul Stenquist's recent comment on the How-to Manual Part 1 thread here in order to keep new reports in one place:<br><br>

Verbatim from Paul: "Much of what is said here doesn't work. The site has only gotten worse over the past few days. I'm trying to provide a link to one of my galleries. I go to "Galleries," find the gallery I wish to show, and I click on "view gallery." I get this really clunky workspace type display rather than a nice gallery. I copy the URL at the top of the page and send it to someone. When they use it, they get a pitch to join photo.net. Another person I sent it to, who is a photo.net member, get's his own page!! WTF, people. Why did you offer this site when it was barely a work in progress. Its broken. Seriously broken. Go back to the old site. You aren't capable of implementing this."

"Get link" has been added to all galleries and photos for those challenged with the copy and paste of a link.

I've copied Phil Light's recent comment on the original Bug Report thread here in order to keep new reports in one place (though I'm still monitoring the old thread):

<br><br>

1. Still first priority is to get a full view of all galleries again for the Gallery View. Still only showing four them which means images can only be edited if they are reachable through the general photo scroll. 2. Also wondering if it might be possible to get our equipment lists back? I used that list to enter and track serial numbers in case of theft, fire or accident. It would be a monumental task to re-assemble that list from scratch again. 3. Still cannot view images in a hidden gallery (Archived). I have found two images through total photo scroll but this is definitely the long way around.

Equipment lists are in our database and will be provided to all that used that function - the use of this function was discontinued from v1 due to the fact so few people used it. As soon as the dev team can, they will be making that information available to those that are "active users" that are also in need of this information.

• Like 1

Pnet's incredibly annoying implementation of flicker is back on ios devices running safari.

<br></br>

<br></br>

This is costing me WONGA as I am on PAYG and the superfluous page loads are eating into my monthly data allowance.

<br></br>

<br></br>

Please fix.

You are on a photo site viewing many photos so it stands to reason that data will be consumed. If you are having issues with your data plan its best to only view the internet in general when you are on wifi, the you can consume to your hearts content with no worries of data.

Actually, the problem that Norman Naffington is referring to is something that a lot of us ran into during the first few days on the site: when we logged onto the site, the browser would go into an infinite refresh cycle, making the screen appear to flicker and making the site essentially unavailable. For most of us this was solved by removing all photonet cookies. The problem returned for some people, requiring multiple cookie deletions, and it apparently cannot be solved by deleting cookies on some ios devices. I think the basic problem probably lies in one of the cookies that the site occasionally downloads. It might be useful to check the dates for the first reports of the problem and see if some new kind of cookie was introduced right about then.

Actually, the problem that Norman Naffington is referring to is something that a lot of us ran into during the first few days on the site: when we logged onto the site, the browser would go into an infinite refresh cycle, making the screen appear to flicker and making the site essentially unavailable. For most of us this was solved by removing all photonet cookies. The problem returned for some people, requiring multiple cookie deletions, and it apparently cannot be solved by deleting cookies on some ios devices. I think the basic problem probably lies in one of the cookies that the site occasionally downloads. It might be useful to check the dates for the first reports of the problem and see if some new kind of cookie was introduced right about then.

Dev Team is saying:

it's not a cookie issue, it's a cached redirect. For anyone who has that problem, ask them to try incognito mode in Google Chrome - and see if the issue persists. If that is it, then they can clear the cached redirect.

Edited by G-P

Leslie - All my favorite photos have now disappeared. I'm greeted by a message that informs me I have no favorite photos. I'm trying to stay calm but it does seem like one thing after another. Edit to add: There seems to be some sort of a system wide snafu since I can no longer view individual pictures in my library either. I wish they'd let us know what's going on.

All my favorite photos have now disappeared

I'm guessing it's a temporary glitch, because they are still present on your public profile home page (click on your name at the top of this screen, then on "your profile page", then on "home page" on the left side of that screen. They're under "favorites.") I'm guessing you were accessing them via your portfolio page? I'll try experimenting with that.

Can only load my individual photos so far as it again stops on what either appears as a fixed number of images or a specific point. When I open the Chrome Developer Tools all the images will load in the left column/page! Clearing the cache does not help or change anything in a normal browsing mode. Firefox works fine and displays all photos. Console info from Developer Tools:

Uncaught Error: appNoRootNode -- Please include an element with the id of cp-store-root!

at f (cpopstore.js?bust=1487758353674:1)

at e (cpopstore.js?bust=1487758353674:1)

at window.thirdPartyReadCookie (cpopstore.js?bust=1487758353674:1)

at cookie-check.canvaspophq.com/step2.js.php:1

app.min.js?version=2017-02-22T04:00:00:6377 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'objectId' of undefined

at renderGallery (app.min.js?version=2017-02-22T04:00:00:6377)

at Object.success (app.min.js?version=2017-02-22T04:00:00:5484)

at c (jquery.min.js:4)

at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js:4)

at k (jquery.min.js:6)

at XMLHttpRequest.r (jquery.min.js:6)

Can only load my individual photos so far as it again stops on what either appears as a fixed number of images or a specific point. When I open the Chrome Developer Tools all the images will load in the left column/page! Clearing the cache does not help or change anything in a normal browsing mode. Firefox works fine and displays all photos. Console info from Developer Tools:

Uncaught Error: appNoRootNode -- Please include an element with the id of cp-store-root!

at f (cpopstore.js?bust=1487758353674:1)

It appears my photos displayed is limited to 225.

at e (cpopstore.js?bust=1487758353674:1)

at window.thirdPartyReadCookie (cpopstore.js?bust=1487758353674:1)

at cookie-check.canvaspophq.com/step2.js.php:1

app.min.js?version=2017-02-22T04:00:00:6377 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'objectId' of undefined

at renderGallery (app.min.js?version=2017-02-22T04:00:00:6377)

at Object.success (app.min.js?version=2017-02-22T04:00:00:5484)

at c (jquery.min.js:4)

at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js:4)

at k (jquery.min.js:6)

at XMLHttpRequest.r (jquery.min.js:6)

Noticed that my account membership status is Basic "Free" now with a 100 photo limit? I have been a paying member for almost 11 years and actually have 708 photos on the site. How did this occur?

sending you a DM, but short answer is your plan expired - the renewal reminder is likely in your spam folder

It looks like there needs to be an internal check to ensure that two people don't end up with the same screen name. I just sent a message to someone selected by clicking on the pull-down menu (and identified by icon), but the message automatically went to both people with the same screen name even though only the one I had selected had showed up in the address bar (one screen name had the first letter capitalized, the other didn't).

I couldn't delete an old photo

It turns out that the way to actually delete a photo from the portfolio isn't from within the galleries, but from within in the "photos" option in "portfolio"--Laurie describes it in Reply#8 of the How-to thread. I guess deleting a photo from a gallery is just supposed to bump it out of the gallery itself.

Last night, comments that appeared to be entered successfully on the Critique page were not posted under the photos and have disappeared--it's the first time I've seen that happen. Should we approach critiquing cautiously from now on, or is this an explainable one-time aberration? Some of us put a lot of time and effort into critiquing, so having our efforts evaporate is disheartening.

Attempting to delete a newly added photo from a gallery produces the error:<br>

com.google.gson.internal.LinkedTreeMap cannot be cast to java.util.HashMap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<p>In an effort to keep application sizes smaller and up-to-date with the latest runtime routines, common 'libraries' are for the most part no longer included in the application package. Instead, the code for a particular routine makes a call to Google--which hosts a number of Java/JavaScript, Python, .NET, and PHP runtime abstraction libraries. Xenforo & vBulletin (as well as most other applications) uses JSON data models to serialize 'Plain Old Java Objects.' Google of course has to do things a little differently--mostly to make it easier for web developers to interface with their API's and run/authenticate Google Apps.</p>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<p>There is a difference in how GSON is used to serialize JSON maps. The HashMap is primarily a defense against DOS attacks--but has other uses as well in terms of calling up a 'string.' Something is amiss in your routine code that handles this (and I have noted in several other broken features of the forum as well) that is preventing the routine from happening. GSON does not handle "nulls", the original application code must be modified to accommodate this. I note on my developer web console (Firefox) that a javascript null error in jquery.min.js (a library) is occurring, as well as throwing an appNoRootNode error. Is anyone on the development team bothering to debug this stuff and look at the conversion/serialization code--making changes accordingly?</p>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<p>In addition, even though PN's fancy new front end is running https, images are unsecured. Another monstrous oversight by whomever is debugging/developing this turkey. :confused: Mixed environments cause problems with calls too... There are a couple thousand guys and gals in India that can fix all of these issues for us on the cheap!

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

I used to be able to post under "Brian Sweeney". I kept getting "Error, Choose Valid Name".

So I changed it.

Does the new forum software prohibit use of real names? It allowed my name to be used for several postings after the switchover.

Who screwed this software up so badly that I can't use a name for posting that I've used for over 14 years?

Kind of like the Dilbert cartoon- Our Beta testers are all dead. We have to release it.