Bug Reports Part 1: the list (expanded version)

Leslie Reid

It wasn't so much an edit of an old photo but a removal of it and replacement with a corrected version

Thanks for the clarification, Sanford! That saves me some experimenting. Sounds like it is acting like it should, and I just tried editing an existing title in "Photos" and it works--that's going to be useful.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you edit a photo title in a gallery?

Just tried, and can't. It doesn't give the option in the pull-down menu on the photo. I guess that means we need to scroll down through Photos to find the right one. Once Library is available again, I'll check and see if we can edit details in the gallery views there--that would be easier...

that photo is thousands deep

It occurs to me that there's a relatively easy way to do it: if you go into the gallery and get the name of the photo, you can then go into "photos" and enter the name in the search bar just above the array of photos. That should jump you to the appropriate photo, which you can then edit details on. In theory. I don't have a big enough portfolio to test it for a deep dive.

Looks like another bug has returned to the My Library view. Many libraries are showing "0" photos now where they were fine before. Looks like we back-tracked slightly here.

Exactly, still not fixed, and still no comment. I know there's a lot of issues to respond to, but at least it would be nice to know that staff is aware of the problem.

Me too. Same symptoms; started last night; ironicly right after I responded with a suggestion to another member to use my library' to post photos from portfolio to threads<p><p>IE11 on Windows 8.1

I followed a suggestion I saw above someplace and from the 0 photos available screen in the library view, I clicked back on Photos, and then back to library. The library is there some where, it started to come up, flashed and then went back to the 0 photos screen again. So there is a bug in the routine that connects that command to the library view. Hope this will help Glenn in some fashion.

There's a fair bit of confusion over terminology on the site: two "profile" pages, one of which is the member's "home page" (as opposed to the site's "home page"), the "member center" isn't a term that is present on the site, and "portfolio" has switched from being what the public sees to being what the member sees, with no term available to refer to the collection of photos that the public sees. It'd make the site a lot easier to navigate--and make it a lot easier to explain how to navigate--if the terminology were modified to give the various pages and views unique names (maybe drawing on the v1.0 terminology to make them more familiar to long-time members).
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if this is a bug or simply more poorly thought out design, so feel free to move this post Leslie, if it's not in the correct thread.

If I go to the Explore area and selected Trending to bring up photos, a page of images comes up. If I click on one of those images to view it and then click on the back button in my browser, I don't go back to the page I was on, instead I move one full page forward in the trending photos. Having the back function in my browser move me forward is more than a bit confusing. Back should take me back to where I was, as is the case with every other website I visit. Latest version of Firefox on a mac.

• Like 1

Wayne, the situation is the same for me. What I find odd is that no one seems to mind - neither members nor management. It was the only way I could view photos in my "hidden" folders and now that, too has gone.

I mind what is happening, I have been waiting patiently for a resolve. BTW: has Glenn or anyone from P.N apologized for the inconvenience? We have been put through a real inconvenience (meat grinder) and I feel an open letter to the members should be in order, in other words, man up.

I mind what is happening, I have been waiting patiently for a resolve. BTW: has Glenn or anyone from P.N apologized for the inconvenience? We have been put through a real inconvenience (meat grinder) and I feel an open letter to the members should be in order, in other words, man up.

Still not fixed. I now have "0" images in Library view no matter what gallery I choose.

Issue reported by multiple people on multiple browsers: only the most recent 25 photos are visible in "photos" view in the portfolio; this problem doesn't show up for at least some other members using the same browsers.

Edited addition: the problem has been present since roll-out for some members

Edited by Leslie Reid

Wayne, the situation is the same for me. What I find odd is that no one seems to mind - neither members nor management. It was the only way I could view photos in my "hidden" folders and now that, too has gone.

Hi Jack, how's it going? The one thing the library allows is to share you photos in other threads on p.net. It seems not easy or even possible without the library unless they add it back into just the profile view or some other view. There's actual several of us that have been "bugging" errrrr "informing" the admin about the issue. I really hope they fix it soon.

New members no longer being identified by name in the new members section which means they can not be found in the member data base since members are identified by the name on their profile page not their home page . This is a bug that started today. Edited by Jack McRitchie

Also- Are we working in the critique forum? I just uploaded an image for critique "Squirrel Hill Cafe", which was uploaded to my portfolio last month or so. I scrolled through 23 pages of critiques in order to find it, two other images have done the same thing, appearing way down the critique forum list, "The Final Push" and "Determined To Win" Will the site fix this glitch? Will I be able to get the photos back to place on the current critique list?

Will I be able to get the photos back to place on the current critique list?

I'm in the same boat, Tony. I have a work-around, though. I withdrew my 3 photos from critique, but that makes them ineligible for resubmission. Instead, I'm going to move them to a non-public folder, and then reimport the originals and rename them, then submit them instantly for critique. That should place them at the appropriate place on the critique page. I'm guessing it's a bug that will eventually be fixed, but it's undoubtedly at a lower priority level than some of the others.

I'm in the same boat, Tony. I have a work-around, though. I withdrew my 3 photos from critique, but that makes them ineligible for resubmission. Instead, I'm going to move them to a non-public folder, and then reimport the originals and rename them, then submit them instantly for critique. That should place them at the appropriate place on the critique page. I'm guessing it's a bug that will eventually be fixed, but it's undoubtedly at a lower priority level than some of the others.

Well, I have comments on the images that I have in my portfolio before they were in the critique forum. If I do as you have suggested I may lose that.

If I do as you have suggested I may lose that

You won't lose the earlier comments because the original photos and comments will be preserved in a private gallery. The newly uploaded versions won't have the original comments, but will have the new comments. At least that's what I'm planning on doing, but then again, I'm not particularly concerned about having all the comments in one place, and that might be important to a lot of people. I often revise photos after the initial comments are in, and the originals go into my "pre-revision" private gallery.

You won't lose the earlier comments because the original photos and comments will be preserved in a private gallery. The newly uploaded versions won't have the original comments, but will have the new comments. At least that's what I'm planning on doing, but then again, I'm not particularly concerned about having all the comments in one place, and that might be important to a lot of people. I often revise photos after the initial comments are in, and the originals go into my "pre-revision" private gallery.

Your right but I never had to do that before, now I need to comprise in order to fit the new site

One thing after another - log into my account and it is telling me, I have no images for critique, I have no photographers I follow, I have no favorite images. I just wonder how long these annoying glitches are going to continue? I am getting to the breaking point and I need someone to be professional and fix what needs fixed PLEASE!

log into my account and it is telling me, I have no images for critique, I have no photographers I follow, I have no favorite images.

Most likely a temporary issue while they are implementing a new fix that temporarily disconnects the databases. Happened before. Still no idea why these things aren't announced site-wide though!