Shift

riz

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Did you already or thinking to shift from photography (still) to video / film / documentaries / short films / TV?</p>

<p>If you have already, then what made you for this decision? </p>

<p>Regards,</p>

<p>Riz</p>

<p>Why do you think they are mutually exclusive? Why don't you think you can do both?<br>

If you're an amateur, tell us about the kinds of video you hope to make. You mention TV, do you want to produce and shoot TV shows, documentaries, ?<br>

Do you understand that the end market is completely different, and that while the shooting skills may be easily transferable, the marketing skills are not.</p>

<p><Chas><br /><br /><br>

<br /><br /></p>

<p>Thanks all.</p>

<p><strong>Michael</strong>, I am also interested in making shorts.</p>

<p><strong>Charles</strong>, I think - for me - it would be hard to do both. Yes I am interested in documentaries. You are right about the end market of both. Agree with marketing also.</p>

<p><strong>Mark</strong>, I was never interested in making video and never put on the video mode on my Nikon camera. But for some time I have developed immense interest in video. I think it was hidden somewhere in my heart and surfaced. Now I have less interest in still. And for this end have sold my Nikon and bought Canon EOS T3i.</p>

<p>As <strong>Dan</strong> put, much hard work involved, but, I want to give it a try for sure.</p>

<p><strong>Harry</strong>, I am finding hard switching from Nikon to Canon. I had been loyal to Nikon for more than a decade.</p>

<p>Rizwan, I find it enormously challenging to make video by oneself. Doing it right often means booms, cranes, slides, jibs, or in the case of DSLR video, the addition of elaborate rigs. Then there's audio on top of that. The more elaborate the setup, the longer the setup and tear-down time. </p>

<p>There's only so much you can do with a camcorder or a DSLR by itself, although it does force you to be more creative. </p>