Canon Thursday Pic 2010: #5

joshroot

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Quick comments here on a few that really caught me:<br /> Just Page 1 now:<br /> Josh -- some tough light and a tough angle you tried to deal with. B&W helps though.<br /> Bueh -- love the color and pose. Did you ask her to pose for photo directly?<br /> Matti -- indeed, an evocative, <em>sui generis</em> autumn photo, but with emotion. (I sure don't miss raking leaves)<br /> Mark -- biplane, smoke and power, just an iota more of space where wing touches your frame<br /> Simon -- funny! these chameleons are funny looking all the time; nice pose<br /> Jeff -- lots of fun for that happy kid and the puddle and the yellow jacket (and fun for viewer), LOL!<br /> Vladimer -- red, in your face!<br /> Paul -- superb, pale portrait. Excellent.</p>

<p>What else is cool? The fact that most posters provided a narrative on the Reason Why -- the reason behind the shot. Excellent. (however, still a couple are posting too large - Y-axis - images)<br /> WHAT MOTIVATED you to take the shot? Just typing the numbers/tech data is **boring**.</p>

<p>Quick comments here on a few that really caught me:<br />Just Page <strong>TWO </strong>now:</p>

<p>Dan - nice, but too large :(<br /> Louis - to catch a buttefly catching the flowers... well done, the red flowers really help this image.<br /> William - harsh mid-day light still makes for a nice picture though.<br /> Mark - on my side in your mall B&W, shopping cart looks out of place there.<br /> Andy - probably something good but we won't see it... :(<br /> Robert - scary indeed, i love it. Nice framing. Motivations? Luck of the draw?<br /> Scott - tilted, a bit glary too. Close one.<br /> Dave - superb and good story too about these new jet planes, wonderful! What an age we live in.<br /> Doug - rather cute. You KNOW that anyway.</p>

<p>Are Canon shooters 98% male? What?</p>

<p>I was recently on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. A ranger recommended I drive out to the Marble Overlook for a night of camping under the stars. As the sun was starting to go down I noticed the wind was picking up. I also noticed that the trees on the overlook were all shaped strangely and it occurred to me they were sculpted by blowing wind.</p>

<p>I wanted to capture an image of the overview and also the sculpted shape of a lone tree against the backdrop of the Grand Canyon; this picture is the result of that effort.</p><div>00XLsj-283807584.jpg.2d2ec64fc4a3f129ee3605da45611bc4.jpg</div>

<p>I was taking my grocers in to the house when I saw this dragonfly flying around, witch is rare beacuse they stay down by the pond. Then the dragonfly settled down on a outdoor chair and I grabbed my camera and made a few pictures before it decided to move on. With opportunities like this I feel like saving even money up for a true macro lens. I'll get there some time soon. But in the mean time I still enjoy viewing what I can make with my current equipment.</p><div>00XLsz-283809584.jpg.737536903096465c94d28898956d5181.jpg</div>