"leopard" spots on film

mdma

<p>See attached photo - Can someone please suggest a possible source of these ugly things?<br /> Yep they're on the negatives. I had it processed at a local independent photo store.<br /> TIA.<br /> SS</p>

<p>Swaroop, Yes, it is likely the PhotoFlo (or washing agent) was either too concentrated or dirty. I would at least let the lab know about the problem. You may be able to resolve the problem with rewashing, but it is probably too set into the film. Another possibility (though less likely) is that the developer was contaminated.</p>

<p>That was my initial thought. I asked for development only, otherwise they could (should) have noticed it during printing. <br>

However that will probably be the first and last time I take my film to them!</p>

<p>Sorry folks, if it were photflo it would wash off. This is usually the result of not enough developer in the tank (probably done by hand) and the "foam" covering the rest of the negative. Hence my suggestion.</p>

<p>Do a search. It has been discussed before.</p>

<p>Ill try washing, but fortunately it hasn't really affected my keepers from that roll.<br>

I suppose I should let them know, but they are quite out of my way when not in university, and I did get it processed some 1/2 months ago, so equally I may just let it lie.</p>

<p>It's not a wetting agent, because bubbles would have sharp edges. Should be air bubbles or some kind of foam during development. Find someone reliable to develop your negatives, or do it yourself and control your image values and quality.</p>

<hr>

<i>Signature URL deleted per photo.net <A HREF="http://www.photo.net/info/guidelines"><b>Community Guidelines</b></A> - http://www.photo.net/info/guidelines:</i><br>

<i>1. No signatures on forum posts. You may not post a block of text or and/or an image and/or your website URL at the end of your posts saying who you are and/or containing a quote and/or other material unrelated to the subject under discussion.<br>

2. Don't post links to your website or online galleries. There's a field in your user profile where you can add your website or gallery URL in case anyone is interested in finding it.</i><br>