what should i charge for a friend to use Epson R2880?

aawhite

I am letting a friend use my digital darkroom to print about 8 8.5"x11" prints for an upcoming show...i am doing her a favor, but need to be

compensated for ink consumption (she is providing her own paper). I have not figured out what it actually costs me to make a 8.5"x11"

color print on the Epson R2880....anyone know (ballpark)?

Ink is expensive. $14(avg) per cartridge there are 8 cartridges so 8X14 - $112 for a set of cartridges. On the average you can get about 20 8X10 on the Epson 2800 that includes the bloopers and reprints. Ink does not care about bloopers and printers. Depending on how many prints your friend wants to produce for that show it might get costly. Look how things add up 15-20 prints $112 , 30-40 prints $224, 70-80 prints $448. They would really have to be a good friend for me to shell out $448 ! I would let her use my printer for free, but she would have to pay for her own ink and paper. Unless she just wanted to 5 prints or less.

"On the average you can get about 20 8X10 on the Epson 2800 that includes the bloopers and reprints..."

That is SO NOT TRUE. If it were Epson would NEVER sell any printers.

#1 -- Epson doesn't make a 2800.

#2 - I know you are off by a factor of MORE THAN five of # prints for a 3400 or a 2880.

I don't get it, this report says that you spend about $1.00 on ink on an 8X10 on the R2400/R2880 a;though who knows the 2880 might be a bit more efficient. So if my cartridges cost $14.00, then $1 per 8X10 = 14 prints. Maybe I exagerated a little bit, but I get about 25 8X10s with a set of cartridges. maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Please read report: http://www.redrivercatalog.com/cost-of-inkjet-printing-v1.html

I think the estimate ink cost on one 8x10 might be close to 50 cents. Spread that cost then over all 8-9 carts as they definitely empty at varying rates. All things being equal, I'd guess, since no one really knows, you can get easily 100 to 150, 8x10 color prints on Epson enhanced matte from a 2400 or a 2880 before all carts go dry.

"All things being equal, I'd guess, since no one really knows, you can get easily 100 to 150, 8x10 color prints on Epson enhanced matte from a 2400 or a 2880 before all carts go dry."

Ken I'll have to try that next rainy day. How many 8X10's do you get with just 8 cartridges ?

"How many 8X10's do you get with just 8 cartridges ?"

A lot! However, I've never counted total # prints, but I have kept track of every single cart change in my 2400 since I bought it so I can get an exact number of ink costs over the 30 months I've been using that printer.

Example: I am on my 9th Lt. Magenta cart and my 9th Yellow, however, just my 5th Cyan cart.