Urgent help needed - where to find a bokeh at short notice.

I hope someone can help. Last night I had a bad dream in which I dropped my bokeh and it broke. I then woke up in

some sort of cold sweat panicking about where I would be able to get hold of a new, or used, one at short notice if I

had planned a day out with some particular pictures in mind. A Canon Eos mount one would be preferable, or else a

medium format Pentacon 6 mount bokeh so I can use it with my tilt adapter. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Pete

No Harry - he dreamed that he dropped and broke it - it's not actually broken. He is just checking to see where he can get a replacement quick if need be - right? But I am still with Harry on this question though - what exactly did your bokeh look like? Besides blurry of course! I really want to see one in any mount!

Bemoaning the bumbling breakage of your beautiful bokeh begets you bupkiss. Better to be boasting of the

bedazzling bokeh you're bound to buy with Bill Me Later at B&H. Being besotted by bokeh is only becoming when

backgrounds beset by bountious billowy blur beautifully benefit the bodacious body or beatific beauty boldly bringing

biting brilliance in the foreground before you. Billious bemusings about bokeh-dropping badness is just a bohemian

way to blather about your new bright new buddy, the even faster, born-to-be-better bokeh you'll soon have begat.

Buena sera!

First of all, only Leica (and some Hasselblad) lenses contain any bokeh at all. We know this, It says so on the

<i>Internet</i>! Furthermore, the <i>best</i> bokeh is found in lenses made between June, 1949 and October, 1951

on <i>Wednesdays</i> by workers on the <i>north</i> side of the Leitz factory. These lenses are identifiable by

having serial numbers evenly divisible by the square root of three.<p>

Once you obtain one of these lenses, remove the front element, and decant the bokeh into a clean glass retort.

("Oh yeah? Canon sucks!" is an excellent, clean retort.) Now remove the rear element of your own lens, and

carefully pour the desired amount of bokeh into the cavity.<p>

All that remains is to <b>shoot wide open</b> and you will have restored your bokeh (and your chi as well).<p>

Les

Finding a really good bokeh at short notice can be quite difficult, especially replacing one that you've

obviously become attached to.<BR>

They do turn up on ebay sometimes, but you may have to wait awhile, people don't get rid of them that often.<BR>

Best idea is, if you have one you're happy with, hang on to it, look after it, keep it clean but don't overdo it,

and definitely don't drop it.<BR>

(Incidentally you can get EOS fit Bokeh adapters from China now)

Oh my....words are failing me at the moment and I've been taken over by chuckles. Matt, how'd you do that with so

many "B" words? Everyone, you have really helped put my mind at rest. Knowing that I can call on the Bokeh

Police, or a Bokeh Broker, and that I can get EOS fit adapters for a replacement Bokeh from China, and that Brokeh

is every bit as good as Bokeh, and maybe I can just ditch the hocus pocus and shift my plane of focus to make up

for the Bokeh being broken, and I can just use some Bokeh powder, or get help from a Bokeh bloke in Louisiana,

and that Fred has just caught one he can send to me....I feel so much better now.

Here is a picture of my Bokeh attachment - see, I haven't broken it yet, but at least I know help is at hand if I do!

Anyway, it's quite a cheap donut Bokeh. I think I'll do as Les suggested and get the good Bokeh from a 1950 Leica

lens and decant it into my 1960s Meyer Optik Gorlitz Lydith 3.5/30 (better than wasting it on my Canon lenses,

which suck!)<div>00Qh5o-68401584.JPG.35fc4a72d1d13a900da999a26f8e5161.JPG</div>

Jane's <i>Tanning Beds of the World</i> latest edition has the following to say about bokeh:

<i><p>Bokeh, in its unadulterated form, is highly prized among addicts for its ability to produce soft, creamy,

pleasing background visuals for between two-to-six hours. Onset may range from seconds to days depending upon

whether the bokeh is filmy or has been converted to a digital state.</p>

<p>Some users report experiencing a "locked in" state where the need for soft, creamy, pleasing, background

visuals persists for an entire lifetime.</p>

<p> While bokeh use is reported from every jurisdiction in the world, its use seems concentrated among middle

aged white men on the North American continent with the economic means to readily access it upon demand.</p></I>

Pick a blue sky with no intruding non stratopheric details. Any lens will do. Set focus to 3 feet. Set exposure. Push

shutter button. Bokeh restored, although it may be a little difficult to see in anything but a 300 foot x 450 foot dye transfer

or Iris giclee print.

I don't know what all this fuss is about. Pete had a dream were his bokeh was broken, but it was a dream. Everybody

knows that Bokeh is not something that can be broken. Bokeh is a state of mind that only very few can reach. It is like

Nirvana but for photographers. Only after years and years of training your eyes you can see the real Bokeh. The quest for

Bokeh it's even more demanding then the quest for the Holly Grall.

Gee, guess this was real something this weekend.

Don't even ask what I have seen happend.

But broken bokeh is broken bokeh. It is one of those very few thing in the world we can't fix.

Never heart anybody talking about his/her once broken bokeh being all but repared allright now and working very well anyway.

I'm a newbie, and you guys are driving me nuts. I spent several hours googling "broken bokeh," but I'm no further now than

I was this morning. Can you recommend a good bokeh book? I'm trying to learn.