What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. My SL66 has nice new (real) leather, is loaded and ready to go.
    _DSC2087.jpg

2. I'll be using my new-to-me 4x5 (below). Pedigree is nearly "Mutt", since it is labeled exactly "Calumet Wood-Field", was probably sourced through Nagaoka Seisakusho but maybe subcontracted from and made by Ikeda Anba. See table, here: TOKO 4x5 COMPARISONS (subclub.org) TOKO 4x5 COMPARISONS

Lenses are all by Rodenstock, whether Caltar branded or not.

Caltar II-N 90mm f/6.8, really a Rodenstock 90mm Grandagon.
    Caltar II-N 150mm f/5.6, really a Rodenstock APO-Sironar-N.
    Rodenstock APO-Sironar-N 210 f5.6, really really.

I accidentally got this great job that keeps me from having enough time to develop, so I'm blasting away with Provia 100F and relying on North Coast Photo Services for developing. Velvia 100 is inbound in quantity.

Nagaoka.jpg

Fiddlefye, LMar, cameragary and 5 others like this.
  3. It looks a lot like my Zone VI camera. After I bought mine from Zone VI, Calumet Bought out Zone VI.

4. I read many other places that Calumet proceeded from the camera I have to fronting Tachiharas as Calumets. If they then followed with Zone VI, that would make total sense. But I'm not a Photo Historian! ;-) It's darned tough to get straight lineage out of the Calumets.

5. Narrowing it down, it seems exactly like this one, except badged as a Calumet:

Nagaoka - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia (camera-wiki.org)

Cameras
    4×5"
    • Nagaoka Woody 45D / 45D II
    The gentleman who manufactured these, a Mr. Nagaoka, passed away last Fall:

The Online Photographer: Last Man Standing (typepad.com)

Rest In Peace, master craftsman!

] likes this.
  6. Zone VI imported a folding view camera before manufacturing them in this country. Their literature and news letter went into detail including where they sourced the wood.

] likes this.
  7. More on the Nagaoka 45D Woody: Nagaoka Seisakusho 4×5 Field Camera – Eric Searing Photography

8. Something a little smaller...Since I seem to be in an Olympus frame of mind I thought I'd exercise the very first Olympus I acquired, several years ago, the ubiquitous OM-10.

Olympus OM-10 copy.jpg

9. I must say my gifting Brad his 1st 4x5 now has him on the Road to Perdition (Photographically speaking) !!. . . But, I can blame him for setting me on my present course of FSU 35's . . . That M-3 Leica he let me borrow for 5 minutes was Very, Very seductive ! Rave on Brad, I will be "lugging" the Fed-3 / N-61 combo around this weekend. Aloha, Bill 2k18-DSCF3040 ces13 zx rr.JPG

10. It's all Bill's fault!

11. Speaking of FSUs....I think I'll load up that freshly cleaned Kiev-88 and Volna-3 lens.

[​IMG]

12. There is HOPE for Brad's condition. . .Will he get an 8x10 before Judgement Day ??

13. luis triguez and James Bryant like this.
  14. One of my favorite lightweight SLR/lens combinations:
    upload_2021-4-17_12-14-48.jpeg
    Loaded with Ilford Pan F+
    If I tire of the 45mm view I'll switch to a Phoenix 100 mm f 3.5 Macro, which is also very light and a good fit for this camera.

15. I looked at your picture again, and notice that it has one focusing knob on each side, indicating that it was the imported camera that Zone VI and others were selling. I actually visited Zone VI when on a trip to Vermont in 1985 and looked at the imported Zone VI camera. Later when I bought mine in 1990 they were making them in Vermont. On the made in Vermont version both the front and rear can be extended requiring two focusing knobs on each side.

16. The XA I mentioned last week mounted on a repurposed Kodak Compact Camera Stand (intended for Pocket Instamatic)
    upload_2021-4-17_16-53-52.jpeg
    Of course I reset light meter for ISO 50 since I'm using Pan F+

17. [​IMG] Too much reading in another forum had me hunt for original dedicated film cassettes.
    Found some Leica FILCAs and Nikon F specific samples. I was debating which to try first, and the Nikon won.
    You can probably guess which film.

18. OK, yesterday I was out with a Nikon D1x, Lytro Illum, and Agfa B2 Speedex with TMax100.

Some shots with the Illum are of tulip fields, with both near and far flowers,

19. ZI530_15.jpg

Got a roll of fomapan 100 in one of these Zeiss Ikonta 530/15 cameras to test the 120-format conversion I did for a friend. Mainly added a mask over the film plane and in the viewfinder. Bring your own 616-to-120 spool adapters